Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Floorboards or Footpegs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:01 PM
mikef
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Floorboards or Footpegs?

My wife tells me that on long ride the stock footpegs hurt her feet. She gets a pain in the middle of her foot. So I bought some HD rear floorboards. I went to put them on today and I do not like the way they stick out so far. They dont look good on my bike. So I think I am going to return them. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can put on my bike to help her foot problem but still look good? I thought maybe a set of footpegs that have a little more area to them to support her foot. Any thoughts? Thanks guys.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
hardhead
Tourer
Default RE: Passenger Floorboards or Footpegs?

kuryakyn makes a dually iso peg. its got about twice as much area for her feet. Here's a link

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=3213

Old 05-14-2008, 01:43 PM
mikef
Cruiser

Those look perfect..... Does Harley make anything similar to those?

Old 05-14-2008, 01:46 PM
smuff
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what ya mean, my fatboy had passanger boards when I bought it and with no saddle bags they look like they could help the bike take flight. I'm going to try regular pegs for my old lady first but if they're uncomfortable I thought about these.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ey&ci=3222

They are bigger than stock and seems like when they fold out they'd help foot fatigue.

Old 05-14-2008, 01:49 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the HD passenger floorboard kit with smooth chrome covers. They are big and stick out. I use to just remove them since she does not ride very often with me. I put on leather tool boxes and the don't look as bad anymore so I now leave them on.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:13 PM
bubiker
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Sure things, there are a number of choices out there .... here are two that might fit the bill:

Stealth Collection - Footpeg Kit

Just like a Stealth fighter, you may not hear it coming, but you'll definitely know when it arrives. The mirror-chrome finish, deep tapered grooves, and thin black rubber tread make the Stealth Collection anything but invisible. First featured on the Screamin' Eagle® Electra Glide® motorcycle, this complete collection allows you to dress your bike for maximum impact. Stealth Footpegs feature "ball-milled" grooves, raised rubber tread, and a sleek chrome surround for maximum visual impact.

HD Part Number: 50359-04

Slotted Chrome and Rubber Custom Footpegs

Great by themselves or paired with our Contoured Chrome and Rubber Hand Grips, these heavy chrome and rubber billet style footpegs are a delight to the eye and to the foot. The integral molded black rubber tread with Bar & Shield logo is a sharp contrast to the mirror-finish slotted chrome surround, and makes a styling statement sure to get you noticed.

HD Part Number: 43280-01

[IMG]local://upfiles/51518/E6BFDEB0267540CC8EED23F6BA3DDBF4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/51518/98F9FA29D9B64CE8AC239F267D514D7E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-14-2008, 02:24 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Folks are skipping over an important part of this.

Your wife needs to be wearing a more rigid boot, with some thicker socks. The socks, or even gel-pads, will give some cusion, and a stiffer sole will help from developing "bird feet" that want to wrap around a round peg.

Enlarging the peg's pad area will help, plus you canrotate them to a comfortable angle for how she likes to position her feet.

If she is riding with sneakers or something soft-soled like that, it will always hurt. Also she should check herself with how much weight (or pushing off) she is doing on the pegs. Ideally, her feet are simply "resting" not bracing against the pegs (or boards) or somehow constantly pushing against them. Foot fatigue should lessen after some careful observations.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:37 PM
mikef
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: PoorBoy

Your wife needs to be wearing a more rigid boot, with some thicker socks. The socks, or even gel-pads, will give some cusion, and a stiffer sole will help from developing "bird feet" that want to wrap around a round peg.

Enlarging the peg's pad area will help, plus you canrotate them to a comfortable angle for how she likes to position her feet.

If she is riding with sneakers or something soft-soled like that, it will always hurt. Also she should check herself with how much weight (or pushing off) she is doing on the pegs. Ideally, her feet are simply "resting" not bracing against the pegs (or boards) or somehow constantly pushing against them. Foot fatigue should lessen after some careful observations.
Yep.... we both ride with Tennis Shoes. We dont care for boots but we may have to get some.

I will check the pegs for adjustment..... I will talke to her about how much weight she puts on them.

These are all good suggestions.

I think I want some better looking wider footpegs anyways.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PoorBoy

+1 on what the Poor one said. Riding with sneakers is not real smart. Good riding boots are a must for me on long rides. Very comfortable and stable plus better protection on your feet and ankles in case of a mishap.
If you sign up for the MSF course, they won't even let you take the course without them. Must be a reason.
Look closely at the rear pegs on my sig. These are harley wide pegs and my wife finds them comfortable. If you can't figure out what they are look on the Multi Fit board at your dealers. Failing that let me know and I'll haul out my HD catalog and look them up for you.
Marsh

Old 05-14-2008, 02:43 PM
NC Pirate
Road Master

Well said Poorboy.....those points make a huge difference. My girlfriend finally wore boots instead of tennis shoes one day when she rode withme, and it made such a big difference that she won't wear tennis shoes while riding anymore.

Also, I installed the same set of HD rear footpegs as is in your pic, and those made a bid difference as well. Those offer much more support than the stock pegs,but yet still blend in nicely with everything......

Quick Reply: Passenger Floorboards or Footpegs?