Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DNA MAMMOTH 52 SPOKE FRONT WHEEL FOR HARLEY HERITAGE

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Harley03joe
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DNA MAMMOTH 52 SPOKE FRONT WHEEL FOR HARLEY HERITAGE

Thank You Jerry L
Im Going To Get The Wheels And The Rotors
Thanks

Old 05-24-2008, 10:42 PM
05 HD Deluxe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have theirwheels but do have the DNA spoked rotors.I have had no problems with them. I bought mine at eastern performance on sale for 99.00.Mine also came with the bolts. If the bolts your gettingare the same ones that came with mine throw them away. Started to strip and twist before even reaching the torque value. I bought new quality bolts.
When you put the rotors on put some Lyndall pads on also. Almost no dust. It will keep those new rims cleaner.

Wheels
I like the wheels alot I figured if and when I did fat spoked wheels it was going to be the fat daddys. The price of the DNA wheels has me rethinking that now. I did call DNA and asked some questions. They are "Assembled" by americans. The parts come from overseas from what I was told. That may be the case with the other fat spoked wheels also. I don't know. They told me they locktite the spokes and silicone the inside for tubeless which is a big advantage. Please let us know what you think of the quality up close and also the fit especially on the rear. There is another thread on here where the guy was going to take a tour of DNA to see the assembling and quality up close.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the rotors a lot, but am not crazyy about the fat spokes. Not traditional enough for my particular tastes, but thats what makes the world go 'round. I'm going to get the rotors and some 80 spoke wheels from them soon.
Marsh

Old 05-24-2008, 11:54 PM
John Little
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been thinkin about some 18" spokes for my fatty. I just might have to give these a shot.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:08 AM
Harley03joe
Road Master

05 HD

That Was Some Good Reading , And The Tip On The Bolts Was Very Good, Also About The Pads
Thank You
Harley03joe

Thank You Also Marsh I'LL have to look at the 80 spoke also

Old 05-25-2008, 12:45 AM
05 HD Deluxe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem harley joe.
I agree Marsh The 80 spoke does give a more old school look.(I think thats what your after) I like the look of the 80 spoke also. Something about those fat spokes though. They do look sweet.
DNA also mentioned they can use a twisted spoke also. That also looks cool. Never seen that on a fat spoked wheel.

I wonder if they could silicone the 80 spoke wheels to make it possible to run tubeless. I am thinking with the Fat spoked wheels they are able to locktite the spokes and due to the fat spokes the chances of them coming loose, breaking or needing truing is much less of a need than a thinner spoked wheel. I have seen the silicone job on the ridewrite wheels. It is quite thick. I am wondering how the DNA wheels are. I am thinking it would have to be. Any adjustment of the spoke could effect the air tightenss of the silicone around them.
Just thinking again

Old 05-25-2008, 12:54 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Here is a pic of Fat Daddy spokes on a Heritage. It's a friends bike. I like the 21" better in the front. It really gives the bike a sweet look.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:31 AM
Harley03joe
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 05 HD Deluxe

No problem harley joe.
I agree Marsh The 80 spoke does give a more old school look.(I think thats what your after) I like the look of the 80 spoke also. Something about those fat spokes though. They do look sweet.
DNA also mentioned they can use a twisted spoke also. That also looks cool. Never seen that on a fat spoked wheel.

I wonder if they could silicone the 80 spoke wheels to make it possible to run tubeless. I am thinking with the Fat spoked wheels they are able to locktite the spokes and due to the fat spokes the chances of them coming loose, breaking or needing truing is much less of a need than a thinner spoked wheel. I have seen the silicone job on the ridewrite wheels. It is quite thick. I am wondering how the DNA wheels are. I am thinking it would have to be. Any adjustment of the spoke could effect the air tightenss of the silicone around them.
Just thinking again
05 HD Deluxe
I Just Looked At The DNA 80 Spoke On E-bay It Said Nothing About Being Tubeless Like The DNA MAMMOTH 52 Spoke Wheel Did Same Co. Also The Seller, The Idea Of Getting DNA Or FAT DADDY Is To GoTubeless And Also The Look And Only 52 Spokes To Clean Not 80 Ha Ha.
I Like The Twisted OrDiamond.
Still Thinking I Have A while Yet Befor I Get Them [8D]
But Thanks For All The GOOD INFO Guys.

Anubisss
Your Bike Looks Real Good With The Fat Spoke Wheels On It

Marsh
Make Sure That There Tubeless If Thats What You Want, But Im Not Sure About Cleaning 80 Spokes ?

Old 05-25-2008, 07:22 AM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 246 Likes on 156 Posts

I just want to add that if you go with the DNA products, you may want to email Jason at South Side Kustoms in NY. That's who I got my rotors thru. He was very good to deal with and I think I got a great deal. He's also pretty good at returning emails. Just a suggestion, you might get a better deal than what is retail. At least its worth a try. Here's his email:

southsidekustoms@verizon.net

and website:

http://www.south-side-kustoms.com/index.html

and he had the parts shipped directly to me from the factory. Good luck!
Jerry

Old 05-25-2008, 08:57 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jerry L....

Thanks. From looking at the website... it looks like a good lead. I will talk to him. Hopefully shipping won't gouge me to much.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: DNA MAMMOTH 52 SPOKE FRONT WHEEL FOR HARLEY HERITAGE