Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

On the way to Sweden

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:27 PM
BigJohn Fatboy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default On the way to Sweden

My wife's family is from Sweden. She and I will be going there mid August. I've noticed alot of people on the forum from Sweden and would like to gather some information. We will be staying somewhere near Stockholm, but do not know the exact location, then going somewhere on the west coast.

Are there HD rental places in Stockholm? I'd like to get out and ride around the countryside. Also, if anyone wants anything from the USA, I'd be happy to ablige as long as it doesn't weight over 700 pounds LOL. I work in Milwaukee, Wi. USA, the Birthplace of the Greatest Motorcycle in the world. We'll be there for 10 days.

Hope to see some fellow riders while I'm there,,,,anyway practicing up on my Swedish,,you know words like "ay dahl" and "oohmadoo" or at least I think that's how it's spelled.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:23 PM
Kricke
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: On the way to Sweden

Hi, I'm living about 70Km south from stockholm (but work in stockholm) and I hope you will enjoy your stay here and mid august should havegood weather for riding, BUT beaware the prizes here are ridiculus regarding stuff from US, so if you are planning a renthaltake your big wallet with you and a calculator to see the exchange rate..

I work about 10min from the largest harley shop in stockholm (we actully have 3 shops in stockholm centerarea) so if you up for it I can give you the directions and maybe hook up for a ride if you decide you want arenthal(my vacation ends in mid august but a long lunch ride is always welcome).

oohmadoo could i figure out fast(Hur mår du = how are you) but the other one was more of a challange ay dahl (Hej då = bye)..

Old 05-30-2008, 04:36 PM
BigJohn Fatboy
Cruiser

Hur mar du from the USA, I'd love to get out and ride around especially with someone who knows the area, just spoke with my wife, and she says we are actually staying in Stockholm at the Clarion.

To rent a Harley here in the States, at least about 3 or four years ago was around $115.00 US dollars per day.

I just think it would be really cool to get together with a bunch of Harley people while I'm there and line up a ride all the way from the U.S.

I'll keep you posted on our arrival.

Hej da

Old 05-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Swedish Night Train
Intermediate

I am about 2 hrs from Sthlm in a town called Örebro, so if you are on the way to the west coast you are always welcome to crash here for a day or 2 , The only place that I know of where you can rent a harley is about another 2 hours away called Karlstad. As Kricke said Sweden is EXPENSIVE, so I hope you arent expecting a cheap holiday lol.
PM or email me if there is anything that I can help you with to make your stay in Sweden enjoyable. You will love it though, Sweden is a beautiful country and the people are very friendly, oh I live here but are an aussie, so its an unbiased view lol

Old 05-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Kricke
Intermediate

I did a search for which shops that haveHarleysfor rent in stockholmand come up with this:

http://www.hyrspecialbil.nu/ +46 8-32 66 82 (the page is in swedish but if you call they certenly speaks english)

//K

Old 05-30-2008, 05:46 PM
BigJohn Fatboy
Cruiser

Thanks guys,,

Yeh, we didn't expect it to be the most economical trip in the world, but hey, you only live once right.

Look forward to hangin over there.