Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all Rocker owners.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 06:44 PM
crazy88
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all Rocker owners.

Now that the Rocker as been out for a few months i would like to know what you think about them be it good or bad. Look forward to your views.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:22 PM
emsley3
Advanced
Default RE: Calling all Rocker owners.

I've had my Rocker C since the end of February and am still as happy today with the purchase as I was when I got it. Have close to 2,500 miles on it and continue to add more daily.

I like:
[ul][*]The way the bike handles even in turns with the 240 rear[*]The rigid look given how the fender is mounted but the comfort of a Softail[*]How the foot control mounting allows my legs to straighten out instead of bringing my knees to my chest like on a Deuce[*]That with the trick seat under the main seat for solo that I can ride with a backpack on if needed[*]The overall look of the bike since making some mods; mainly ditching the stock exhaust[/ul]
I dislike:
[ul][*]The gap between the stock seat and fender and may have to lower to minimize[*]The license plate mount on the rear fender[*]The stock seat as it gets uncomfortable after about 1 1/2 hours[*]That accessories are still hard to come by[*]The wimpy horn that Harley installed[*]That the money flies out of my bank account to make mods[/ul]
I will still say that the Rocker is like any other Harley and you either like it or you don't. I just happen to like it and would purchase again if I had to do it all over.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:47 AM
hdfxcw
Cruiser

+1

Old 06-01-2008, 02:13 AM
tvonderweid
Novice

Have received mine in April and already have 1k on it... I really hate the bike [:'(]and am considering to sell and switch toHonda

just kiddin....

Old 06-01-2008, 08:19 AM
SilverDawg
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: emsley3

I've had my Rocker C since the end of February and am still as happy today with the purchase as I was when I got it. Have close to 2,500 miles on it and continue to add more daily.

I like:
[ul][*]The way the bike handles even in turns with the 240 rear[*]The rigid look given how the fender is mounted but the comfort of a Softail[*]How the foot control mounting allows my legs to straighten out instead of bringing my knees to my chest like on a Deuce[*]That with the trick seat under the main seat for solo that I can ride with a backpack on if needed[*]The overall look of the bike since making some mods; mainly ditching the stock exhaust[/ul]
I dislike:
[ul][*]The gap between the stock seat and fender and may have to lower to minimize[*]The license plate mount on the rear fender[*]The stock seat as it gets uncomfortable after about 1 1/2 hours[*]That accessories are still hard to come by[*]The wimpy horn that Harley installed[*]That the money flies out of my bank account to make mods[/ul]

I will still say that the Rocker is like any other Harley and you either like it or you don't. I just happen to like it and would purchase again if I had to do it all over.
Pretty much sums it up for me as well.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:20 AM
jackusan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine since January. I have a little over 2000 miles on it. I am very happy with mine and would buy it again. I am adding an oil cooler now that they have the horn relocator kit available, (its freakin hot in Florida). I have a couple other things I want to change, including the exhaust. I like the look of the bike, the ride is comfortable, yet looks like a hardtail. I have had no problems with mine and am waiting for more accessories to become available.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:26 AM
doc1
Intermediate

Ditto on all the other posts. One thing I had to get used to was everyone stopping you to say, "Nice Bike." Even the non-motorcycle type people comment on it.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:05 PM
keithab
Advanced

I love mine as well and have never regretted buying it. I am having a ton of fun (and spending lots of cash) getting it the way I want. I guess that is the way with almost any bike. I have at least 1 or 2 people stop me every time I am out to ask me about it. Lots of compliments about it. Can't say I don't like the attention. Right now it is a novelty so the attention may not last but I will enjoy it while it does.

Keith

Old 06-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Rocker_3791
Intermediate

i agree with all the previous post i didnt care much for the gap in the seat so i lowered mine it really changed the looks of the bike. i have almost 500 miles on mine and have owned it for right over 2 weeks i love it. it is more comfortable than my last bike which was a 2003 night train. since i have had my rocker c everytime i pull outta the drive way somone stops me to ask me all about it and tell me how they love it. i wouldnt trade my rocker for any bike out there i really just wish they had more parts out for it but in my own opinion the rocker is the only way to go

Old 06-01-2008, 04:13 PM
tvonderweid
Novice

rocker 3791, how much did ya lower the bike? how is the confort now? does it feel any different?

Quick Reply: Calling all Rocker owners.