Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 04:52 PM
Jameson
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Couple of questions

Ive been over here in Baghdad now for 6 months, still got 9 to go. Ive been thinking about what I want to do to my 98 Fatboy when I get home. I have a few questions.

Where can replace the skinny tins that go on the sides on the upper forks. (i hope yall know what i mean)?

Is there a turn signal kit someone recommends? After putting the 16" apes on I havent been able to use front signals. Thinking abouta light bar or something.

Is there a rear light kit that gets rid of the seperate turnsignals and maybe a tailight with the signals integrated with the tailight? Tailight more flush?

I took the rear seat and sissy bar off and need to find bolts to go into the holes where they mounted. Any ideas.

Lastly, the last thing on my bike to chrome besides the wheels is my swing arm. Is this a difficult task or just a long process.

Sorry for all the questions. I havent been on here in awhile. Thanks everyone.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:25 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Couple of questions

I can't answer your questions.... but did want to say THANKS for your service!!

Old 06-02-2008, 05:25 PM
SOCALHD
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant answer your questions. But please stay safe over there. Keep your head down and eyes open. Most of us on here are with you in spirit.

P.S.
I believe Kuryakyn makes an integrated tail light/turn signal lamp. (LED)

Old 06-02-2008, 06:09 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,679 Likes on 5,201 Posts

For now keep your head on what your doing there.
Irecommend you do nothing but ride it when you get home. At least for 6 months to 1 year.
Reason after that amount of time you will be settled back in and thinking differently than you are now and when you first get home.
Hang on to your cash till you are truly ready to part with it.
And be cool when you do get back on itwe lose so many fine soldiers as soon as they get back riding on side the limits.
been there done that more than once, have given this same speach to alot of soldiers

Old 06-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

There are some good prices on the things you've asked for on ebay, especially since your bike is a 98. I've seen the chrome swingarm for your ride for under $200. Misc nuts and bolts can be found at Harley dealers or better yet indy shops in most major cities. They'll usually help you to figure out what sizes you need. The fork tins can be had in chrome for around $65 at some of the ebay chrome suppliers. I waited and got mine for $50 from one of the guys. Stay safe and keep focused on what's important for you today.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jameson, thank you for your service. Kuryakyn does make the LED turn signals, I have them on my fatboy. Also there is a real nice chrome swingarm on ebay right now, I believe the seller is rick9662. He has a lot of HD parts and his prices seem good. Be safe.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Jameson
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys, and the support. I got this bike when I got home from Afghanistan and it had a few probs, such as the little side tins were messed up and I need turn signals for the MSF Refresher course we have to take when we get home. Thats the main reason I need these parts, the swingarm and tailight are for fun though. Thanks again though.