Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Say goodbye to old Shovelhead

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 03:58 PM
BigJohn Fatboy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Say goodbye to old Shovelhead

Well boys this is it,

I think I will cry, but it's time to let her go. She's been with me for a long time, but figure I'd trade it out for some work on the house.

Just wanted everyone to know that this is an emotional day for me.

I use to laugh when I'd pull up to bike nite with her, gas leaking out, oil burning, louder than the ten bikes parked next to me. The coolest thing is people asking me about kick start. I think everyone should have to start out with an old shovel....learn to appreciate electric start, no overheating coil, no breaking down on the side of the road,,,believe me, I never left the house without hooking up the trailer so my wife could come and get me. LOL.

PS: Wife is laughing now!

One day I'll get another, or better yet build it.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:02 PM
BoneCrusher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Say goodbye to old Shovelhead

Man that will be tough, lot's of good memories with that bike I'm sure. The Fatboy should help ease the pain a little though and it'll be nice to ride without having to hook up the trailer.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:10 PM
BigJohn Fatboy
Cruiser

Yeah,

I'll miss her, but since I've gotten the Fatty, I have to be honest, havent touched the beast since. She's going to a good home, and the guy who's taking over is a friend so I'll still be able to ride it every now and then.

Thank you for the support my friend, everytime I see one of your posts, feels like I need a neck adjustment. LOL

When I get home, guess I'll have to take a photo of the Fatster a place it in place of "The Beast."

Old 06-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Ouch... that hurts just thinking about it. My dream is to build a shovel once I'm done renovating my old shack... so I understand your priorities. Hope you get a good price.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:14 PM
BigJohn Fatboy
Cruiser

And another thing, Hey Crusher, quick 1/4 mile boss. And, congrats to your Penguins, late night!

My wife is from Detroit, me from Charlotte,,,,funny how she has to explain the rules of hockey to me.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:33 PM
jipmkwa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear your baby is finally moving out but atleast she isn't going far.

On a sidenote: LET'S GO PENS !

Old 06-03-2008, 07:44 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Big John,
Have you lost your mind?? Trade a shovel for work on your house?? Have you seen the prices people are willing to pay for shovels? They sell now for more then they cost new. I have had random people walk up to me and ask how much I want to sellmy 1981for on the spot.

What model is yours?

Old 06-03-2008, 07:54 PM
BigJohn Fatboy
Cruiser

wbogley

Yeah, I know, but to be honest with you, she's a piece of sh&*). More sentimental to me than the dollarvalue. And a history which I don't need to be attached to. I'm getting the better end of the deal.

Besides, mama, doesn't realize but I have my eyes on a knuckle that my local wrench has just finished. Rule, well at least her rule is, as soon as the house is done, I can do what ever it is I want. And yeah, my framing contractor's been eyeballing this thing since we started. Besides, he's one of my best friends and he does carry a .44 mag while he's riding. I don't know why, he's only 6'5" and 350 lbs.

You've got a quality scoot

Old 06-03-2008, 08:04 PM
BoneCrusher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BigJohn Fatboy

And another thing, Hey Crusher, quick 1/4 mile boss. And, congrats to your Penguins, late night!

My wife is from Detroit, me from Charlotte,,,,funny how she has to explain the rules of hockey to me.
Thanks Big John...what a game last night can't wait till tomorrow night. I bet there's a much less need for a bone crusher now that you aren't riding the shovel

Let's see a pic of this beast bro!

Old 06-03-2008, 08:04 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You have the the first year shovel. You cant expect HD to get it right the first time..or second or third.. Tell your buddy to do a tear down,put a new S&S top end kit (about $1700)on it, pistions, heads, jugs, a S&S oil pump is a must and new wireing all new rubber and paint if needed. A clean S&S E carb..She WILL BE SICK!

Quick Reply: Say goodbye to old Shovelhead