Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog Deluxe products??

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 07:57 AM
ronyd
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hog Deluxe products??

Is everyone happy with HogDeluxe's workmanship, pricing, then the others out there? I'm ready to order up a fender and tank bib. Waiting to hear from them on the toolbag (I got a tach, so not sure if Toolbag will work).

Question I have in general with fender bib: Will there be any mositure that gets trapped between fender and bib, which could cause any paint discoloration?

Old 06-04-2008, 08:02 AM
tripwire759
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts
Default RE: Hog Deluxe products??

I have a Mustang fender bib and didn't notice any mositure but what I did see is that there were some small scratches on the edges where the leather and fender match up there is felt under the main part of the bib, but not the edges. I took it off and buffed it out. I like the look of bare tins so now my bib just sits with the other stock parts.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:19 AM
commander112
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Hog Deluxe fender bib and a Mustang bib. The Hog Deluxe bib is much higher quality. I have never noticed any trapped moisture back there but have never gotten it really drenched in water. It has been wet when washing the bike and also in rain showers but never in a real gully washer. If it gets that wet it only takes a second to look behind it and dry it off.

Mark

Old 06-04-2008, 02:21 PM
ronyd
Road Master

commander112, did you use any spiffy seat bolts other than stock? Also, boy I want to do the Spring seat so bad, but I'm afraid it may raise me to much. at 5'7", not too sure if it wiould be right for me. I know it must be a different ride, probably sitting on the bike versus sitting in the bike. How do you like it? Worth the money spent? I do looooooove the look.

And tripwire759, is that I Roland Sands A/C ? I've been chumping at the bit, looking a his velocity stack. Everybody has talked me out of it, saying rain and dirt will be an issue and I will have to rebuild my engine after a year or so. the filter they have over the stack is useless. I don;t know.. wish I had first hand experiencde with these stacks... But, my buddy just got his RS A/C, along withe RS Judge wheels. Incredible... How do you like the A/C, as good as a high flow A/C, like screamin' or big sucker? Roland Sands A/C is on my list for sure!!

Old 06-04-2008, 04:45 PM
commander112
Road Master

&lt\\;P&gt\\;Ronyd,&lt\\;BR&gt\\;Yes, my seat bolt have been changed. There was a machinist member here that made some really cool ones a year or two ago. I bought a set from him. &amp\\;nbsp\\;His name is Mark and he listed them on the Deluxe photo thread. You could take some time and search through that thread. I just bought a spare set last year because they are so cool I&amp\\;amp\\;rsquo\\;m sure some azzhole will steal them.&lt\\;BR&gt\\;As for the spring seat, I’m only 5’6&quot\\; with a 31&quot\\; inseam and while I do sit a bit higher than before I can still flat foot it without any problem. I just need to park in spaces where I do not need to back up an incline as I do not have as much leverage now.&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;&amp\\;nbsp\\;&lt\\;/P&gt\\;
&lt\\;P&gt\\;Mark&amp\\;nbsp\\;&lt\\;/P&gt\\;

Old 06-04-2008, 04:50 PM
commander112
Road Master

What is happening on my previous post?&amp\\;nbsp\\; It is loaded with crap that I cannot remove.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:55 PM
commander112
Road Master

One more thing, I can remove the bike seat and go back to stock in about 10 minutes.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:27 PM
ronyd
Road Master

commander, I pm'd Mark a few days ago but never got a reply back.

What did you end up with for the seat kit? I could go with the Crossbones setup, and just modify the seat frame cover. I priced the whole setup is about $400 including the seat. I explored other options for the hardware and buying a seat, which gets costly. These fab guys are not shy when it comes to $$$ for there machined products. The seat frame cover is really the issue, because of the ECM. Nobody makes a cover to enclose the ECM also. Was thinking of fabbing my own fiberglass set frame cover. We'll see.... Just paranoid of spending all that $$$ and end up not liking the setup. But sounds like you enjoy it, eah? How's the ride as far as comfort and bumps compared to stock seat??

Old 06-04-2008, 09:56 PM
cjgrog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the tank and fender bib from HogDeluxe, and they're both awesome quality.&nbsp\\; I had a Mustang fender bib, and this one is much nicer, in both looks and the quality of the leather.&nbsp\\; HE also gives a nice leather cover that goes over the seat plate.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
CJ
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-05-2008, 12:55 AM
concepi
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the HOG deluxe fender bib and although I was super happy in the beginning, I must say that it now stretches a bit / get's out of shape. Haae it now since ca 9 months. My bike never encountered rain or extended sun shine&nbsp\\; (always garaged) but somehow the leather is shrinking so that the 3 connection points to the fender seem out of line. Will try to do some pictures on the weekend to show you what i mean. maybe i just got a bad pair - haven\\;t had a chance to contact HOG deluxed on that issue yet

Quick Reply: Hog Deluxe products??