Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thunder Max

Old 06-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Hrd Rider
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thunder Max

To you guys who have the Thunder Max Auto Tune system. I'm about to get rid of my SERT and get the TM. Reason being I can't find any Harley Tech who can DynoTune the SERT. I can't keep spending $200--$250 for them to learn on my bike. Does anyone have a 2008 Heritage with a TM? Do any of you softail owners havethe TM on an 08? I've heard only great things about TM. Besides being so expensive, are there any negatives? Feed back appreciated.

2008 Heritage Classic
K&N AC
SERT
Rinehart Slip On Mufflers
Dyno Tuned x 2

Old 06-05-2008, 12:52 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Max

2&nbsp\\;of my friends have them on ultra and road king and they love it. In a sand storm with MPH head wind they were the only ones who could hold 75 on 6th gear. Never heard anything bad. They even had the Harley dealer install it. The map was close but after 300 miles the auto tune was perfect and it readjusted for the load from the head wind after about 30 min.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:57 AM
jumporjerkoff
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one on my 08, i really like it. i have had them all, power commander, fuelpak and SERT that i just couldnt get to work...i have just a basic map on mine it runs great so imagine if i had a dyno tune

Old 06-05-2008, 07:19 AM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: tk353

2&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;of my friends have them on ultra and road king and they love it. In a sand storm with MPH head wind they were the only ones who could hold 75 on 6th gear. Never heard anything bad. They even had the Harley dealer install it. The map was close but after 300 miles the auto tune was perfect and it readjusted for the load from the head wind after about 30 min.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

&nbsp\\;
they we doing 75 mph in a sand storm??&nbsp\\; didn't it hurt?[:@]
was there any paint left on the front of their bikes?&nbsp\\; lol

Old 06-05-2008, 09:45 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;of my friends have them on ultra and road king and they love it. In a sand storm with MPH head wind they were the only ones who could hold 75 on 6th gear. Never heard anything bad. They even had the Harley dealer install it. The map was close but after 300 miles the auto tune was perfect and it readjusted for the load from the head wind after about 30 min.
&nbsp\\;
tk353 i thought you had a thundermax

Old 06-05-2008, 09:58 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Deuce Bigelow

2&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\;of my friends have them on ultra and road king and they love it. In a sand storm with MPH head wind they were the only ones who could hold 75 on 6th gear. Never heard anything bad. They even had the Harley dealer install it. The map was close but after 300 miles the auto tune was perfect and it readjusted for the load from the head wind after about 30 min.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
they we doing 75 mph in a sand storm??&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; didn't it hurt?[:@]
was there any paint left on the front of their bikes?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; lol
&nbsp\\;
and why am i hearing ghostrider music in background?

Old 06-06-2008, 01:06 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member

IT is on my wish list

Old 06-06-2008, 06:20 AM
BlackDragon
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a Tmax w/Auto tune on mine about a week after buying it. along with the pipe and AC.
We also have the exhaust flapper/restrictor thing and also the air sensor plug.
I see on the net and adds in mags for plugs u can buy to plug into these to stop error messages.
Don't need any of that stuff with the Tmax. The bike has run well from day one and never had a problem.
Even though I installed it my dealer upgraded the map free on charge as i bought the Tmax from them.
The maps that are on line are designed for US bikes and fuel. Dealer installed a local map and made a slight improvement. Because the Tmax learns as it goes u only need to get a close to map and let it do the rest.
I looked at SERT, PCIII and Fuelpac but after doing a lot of reading and making my own decision I decided the Tmax was the way to go.&nbsp\\;
Pic below of the Tmax

&nbsp\\;

Old 06-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Hrd Rider
Tourer

Black Dragon, are there two modules and do they fit under seat OK?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\; Thanks for feedback.

Old 06-06-2008, 03:42 PM
Hrd Rider
Tourer

Thanks for the feedback TK353 &amp\\; jumperjerkoff. I'm afraid I am about to&nbsp\\;spend the money&nbsp\\;and go for the TM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thunder Max