Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just switched to a softail

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:11 PM
MK249
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just switched to a softail

My Dyna served me well but I couldn't resist this one.&nbsp\\; I had a 99 Superglide Sport with a 95" big bore, SE cams, ported heads, and pretty much the whole ball of wax.&nbsp\\; It was a fun little bruiser but I've always wanted a Night Train, even before I was into motorcycles years ago so a couple weeks ago I stroll into the dealer to check on some new wheels for the Dyna and lo and behold there's a Night Train at the front door.&nbsp\\; I held back for a few days but finally sealed the deal a couple days ago.

I tell you what, going from the Dyna to this thing is amazing.&nbsp\\; I couldn't be happier with the bike and other than maybe throwing some wheels and changing the grips and pegs I don't think I'll fool with this one.&nbsp\\; It came with a SE breather and VH black pipes.

You'll have to forgive me but I seem to have misplaced my battery charger for my digital camera so I'm on the hunt right now and I'll get some pictures when I find it.&nbsp\\; I'm stoked!!

Old 06-19-2008, 02:23 PM
bgismo20
Road Warrior
Default RE: Just switched to a softail

ORIGINAL: MK249

I don't think I'll fool with this one.
&nbsp\\;
HA! if this is your plan, you may want to refrain from looking at the night train pics section, there are some BAD *** bikes there!

Old 06-19-2008, 02:27 PM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the soft side!

Old 06-19-2008, 04:40 PM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be doing the switch next week or might end up with two bikes. Glad your Happy with the switch,I'm sure I will too.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Simatank
Tourer

nothing comes close to owning Train(not to say other bikes are no good just we all have are own taste and the only way i would get rid of my Train is if some one pried the grips out of my cold dead hands

Old 06-19-2008, 06:04 PM
carpe_diem25
Cruiser

Congrats on the new bike.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:36 PM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

love the ntrain.what are the differences you have found? ride quality? performance??&nbsp\\;i wrecked my heritage and have been bouncing back and forth between ntrain and street/fat&nbsp\\; bob.. decisions decisions[:@]..

Old 06-20-2008, 07:50 AM
MK249
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: RockyTopRider

love the ntrain.what are the differences you have found? ride quality? performance??&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;i wrecked my heritage and have been bouncing back and forth between ntrain and street/fat&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; bob.. decisions decisions[:@]..
Ride quality is definately improved and I have to say that even though I've modified every car and bike I've ever owned it's nice to have a smooth running, fuel injected machine that I can walk outside and hit the button and go shortly thereafter.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; With my old bike, it was a bit tempermental at times and was a good old fashioned *** kicker so to compare it to this new one probably isn't very fair.

I do love this thing though!

Ok, so wheels, pegs, grips, a headlight and that's all I'm doing...........and maybe some powdercoat......and maybe a 250 conversion.........and that's it.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 08:00 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: MK249

ORIGINAL: RockyTopRider

Ok, so wheels, pegs, grips, a headlight and that's all I'm doing...........and maybe some powdercoat......and maybe a 200 conversion.........and that's it. \\\\\\;
200 conversion on an 08 Night Train? Harley already did that for ya.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:36 AM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Simatank

nothing comes close to owning Train(not to say other bikes are no good just we all have are own taste and the only way i would get rid of my Train is if some one pried the grips out of my cold dead hands
+1 I heard that!

Quick Reply: Just switched to a softail