Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 FXST, New Direction, Blacked Out, Bar Hopper??

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Glen1978
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 FXST, New Direction, Blacked Out, Bar Hopper??

I got an 06 Softail Standard.&nbsp\\; I first wanted to go all the chrome and started with new bars, chrome switches, brake/clutch levers, etc.&nbsp\\; My bike has the solid chrome back wheel also.&nbsp\\; I am now thinking more along the lines of adding some black, sorta like the N'train but not SO much.&nbsp\\; I just want a different look, bar hopper type.&nbsp\\; Spoked back wheel, different rear fender....not a bobtail either.&nbsp\\; I want it to hug the back tire as much as possible, side mount plate and little rear tail lights.&nbsp\\; Short pipes with black&nbsp\\;header wrap&nbsp\\;kinda&nbsp\\;stuff.&nbsp\\; I have seen some sweet N'trains on here that have added a small amount of chrome in the right places and they are sharp.&nbsp\\; I need&nbsp\\;some pics/ideas on this, thanks.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:20 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: 06 FXST, New Direction, Blacked Out, Bar Hopper??

Shoulda bought a NT

Old 06-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds a little like a Jesse James?

Old 06-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Fightn_Tiger
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here you go!

Old 06-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Glen1978
Road Captain

Well I cant see spending $4K for a Heartland kit for a wider rear tire.....I already got the 200mm for "free".&nbsp\\; Just not digging the rear fender anymore.&nbsp\\; I have always hated the cast aluminum looking engine cases and tranny.&nbsp\\; I could probably trade my 06 off for a 08 Nighttrain and come out pretty good.&nbsp\\; I only owe $6500 on it and not far off from being paid for.&nbsp\\; Dont really like the EFI either for some reason or another.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Somebody post some pics up of a FXST that is going in the direction I am looking for.&nbsp\\; I need inspiration.....LOL!&nbsp\\; Really need a pic of one with the grey engine cases.&nbsp\\; I think that is one of my biggest hangups with my bike.....and keeps it from looking cool. LOL!!&nbsp\\; Also maybe of some different rear fenders.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Screamin00
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe this would help more?
Stripped turn signals, plain risers and drag bars
slammed rear
bare bones seat
blacked out tail light, and some chrome on there. I like to go for longer rides to but it makes a good hopper bike. I think simple is sometimes best.
Plus everyone has a an all blacked out flat color bike now, its the new chrome, look at the sportty in the pics for reference, its my roommates

Old 06-20-2008, 10:07 PM
I CUT 1
Tourer

Black and chrome.&nbsp\\;They just work nicely together.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:12 PM
wiseguy2day
Road Master

I'm doing exactly what your talking about. I've got a bit (lot?) of chrome and now i'm getting a bunch of parts powdercoated black. I've got the silver motor like you do. It's all in what you wanna do. I'll be installing all of the parts with in the next month.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-21-2008, 07:38 AM
Glen1978
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: I CUT 1

Black and chrome.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;They just work nicely together.
&nbsp\\;
Now that is a sharp bike, gimme some details.&nbsp\\; Lowered in the back for sure....how about the front?&nbsp\\; Do you have the chrome inner primary or just outer?&nbsp\\; More pics.
&nbsp\\;
Oh and Wiseguy when you get all those parts on you need to post up buddy.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:56 AM
wiseguy2day
Road Master

Oh I definitely will. I think my bike will be pretty sweet, red scoot with touches of chrome and black.&nbsp\\; Right now I've got my wild 1 chrome handlebars with all of the controls chromed and magnum chrome braided cables. Harley sidekick seat. No blinkers front or rear. Chrome engine kit from harley and the chrome inner primary. Lowered the rear 1" with HD lowering kit. Arlen Ness forward control 3" extension.&nbsp\\; Vance and Hines sideshots.

Next month I'll be installing the follwing items that were powdercoated gloss black\\; button housings, headlight trim bezel, front end lowers, front and rear brake calipers. I'm also lowering the front end and installing HD chrome dust covers and a polished brake rotor. I'm chroming a stock fatboy rear wheel and installing that as well. I've got my eye out for a custom front wheel (I'm so sick of cleaning stock spokes). Once it's all installed and I get her cleaned up there will be plenty of pictures.

Quick Reply: 06 FXST, New Direction, Blacked Out, Bar Hopper??