Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what would you do if you were me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:55 PM
boone432
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what would you do if you were me?

So, my progressive airtail shock blew out for the second time in probably 200-300 miles. Last time I paid 60$ for next day air to get it to them for warranty repair and to get it back as fast as possible. It took 3 weeks to get it back. Should I demand a new one be sent and send mine back? I'm sick of this, I have been getting no riding in due to some family issues, and now this!!

Old 06-19-2008, 09:57 PM
flyburch
Road Master
Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: what would you do if you were me?

get new one

Old 06-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: flyburch

get new one
&nbsp\\;
Ditto that.&nbsp\\; Their fix didn't work.&nbsp\\; Talk to a manager who has some authority to get it right.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:59 PM
Pooh AKA Bear
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get your money back and spend it on your next gotta have part!

Old 06-20-2008, 08:34 AM
DR.Greenthumb
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm curious about the symptons of your blown shock.Does it hold air at all?Does it lose air on both air bags?Just asking because after 4 years and thousands of miles my airtail has developed a leak in the ride height side of the shock that I can't track down.It's a slow leak.If I slam the bike all the way,it takes about an hour and a half for all the air to leak out and the bike will raise back up.I've tried everything I can think of including pulling the shock and charging it with air then submersing it in a bucket of water,but it doesn't appear to be the shock itself.I've checked every air line and fitting for leaks ,but can't find anything.How long have you had the Airtail? Thanks

Old 06-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Fightn_Tiger
Tourer

your not the first one i have heard this has happen to..If you have all your receipts, call them and demand a replacement.&nbsp\\; I was going to put the airride shocks, but the mechanic told me stories of bikes loosing air and tipping off the kickstand..

Old 06-20-2008, 10:34 AM
boone432
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: DR.Greenthumb

I'm curious about the symptons of your blown shock.Does it hold air at all?Does it lose air on both air bags?Just asking because after 4 years and thousands of miles my airtail has developed a leak in the ride height side of the shock that I can't track down.It's a slow leak.If I slam the bike all the way,it takes about an hour and a half for all the air to leak out and the bike will raise back up.I've tried everything I can think of including pulling the shock and charging it with air then submersing it in a bucket of water,but it doesn't appear to be the shock itself.I've checked every air line and fitting for leaks ,but can't find anything.How long have you had the Airtail? Thanks
well ive had mine for about 2 months. between the rain, the first blown seal that took 3 weeks to fix, other things i have been doing to my bike,the premature birth of my son 3 weeks ago, and the 2 weeks i spent in the hospital with him, i havent been able to ride it much with the airtail shocks.i would say i have put 200 miles on them. the first time, the shock wouldnt hold air on the bike due to the pressure the bike put on it, and it would leak worse with my weight on it. i have a different set of airtails than you. they have changed them recently to "improve" them. mine works opposite of yours, as if i pump air into the ride height chamber, it lowers, and if i take air out, it raises. the one that leaked the first tim, leaked out of the shaft in the front of the shock. i could hear it leaking when i pumped air into the ride height chamber, and had my brother spray windex on it, so he could see it bubble. if i were you, i would leave the shockj on the bike, and spray soapy water all over where it could leak and see if you can see it bubble.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:36 AM
boone432
Road Captain

also, maybe have someone sit on it while you spray to make it leak worse.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:29 AM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: flyburch

get new one
Nice sig pic flyburch! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 06-20-2008, 11:30 AM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member

Dont be intimidated!

Quick Reply: what would you do if you were me?