Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Rocker came in today

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Lex_Talionis
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Rocker came in today

My Blue Rocker C came in today.&nbsp\\; I had planed on doing a stage 1, Roush slip on's and ecm reflash.&nbsp\\; But the dealer said he could save me money on the V&amp\\;H Big Radius, if I wanted them, by using an ecm reflash that is meant for or close enough for this setup and I could skip the PCIII or whatever it is that most people are buying.&nbsp\\; What do ya think about that?
&nbsp\\;
I want to lower it, but I read someone's post that said they damaged their rear fender because the stopper or something was not good enough.&nbsp\\; Who has lowered a rocker/rocker c with no issues?&nbsp\\; I know there is the Arlen Ness "Slam Kit."&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;Has anyone used anything else?&nbsp\\; Is it adjustable or is it lowered to a set distance?&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I will be signing off on everything soon, so help a brother out...&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 07:03 AM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: My Rocker came in today

You'll love the VH big radius

Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 AM
ChosenDFW
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lex_Talionis

My Blue Rocker C came in today.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I had planed on doing a stage 1, Roush slip on's and ecm reflash.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; But the dealer said he could save me money on the V&amp\\;\\\\\\;H Big Radius, if I wanted them, by using an ecm reflash that is meant for or close enough for this setup and I could skip the PCIII or whatever it is that most people are buying.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; What do ya think about that?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I want to lower it, but I read someone's post that said they damaged their rear fender because the stopper or something was not good enough.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Who has lowered a rocker/rocker c with no issues?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I know there is the Arlen Ness "Slam Kit."&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Has anyone used anything else?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Is it adjustable or is it lowered to a set distance?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I will be signing off on everything soon, so help a brother out...&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;
CONGRATULATIONS!!&nbsp\\; My Crimson Red Sunglo Rocker C also arrived yesterday. Still at the dealers getting a few little things done (stage II, flush mount fuel and gauge, Skull grips, mirrors &amp\\; pegs). Then 2 weeks off to do V&amp\\;H 2-into-2 and lowered 2 inches.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:20 AM
reds2harleys
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer is right.&nbsp\\; Thats exactly what I did with my Rocker and it runs great.&nbsp\\; I did the 103 kit and the bike really pulls hard.&nbsp\\; The download worked just fine with the V &amp\\; H pipes. I even cut the baffles in half to get a throaty sound and it runs perfect.&nbsp\\; No worries - go for it.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 10:24 AM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member

My Blue Rocker C came in today.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I had planed on doing a stage 1, Roush slip on's and ecm reflash.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; But the dealer said he could save me money on the V&amp\\;\\\\\\;H Big Radius, if I wanted them, by using an ecm reflash that is meant for or close enough for this setup and I could skip the PCIII or whatever it is that most people are buying.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; What do ya think about that?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I want to lower it, but I read someone's post that said they damaged their rear fender because the stopper or something was not good enough.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Who has lowered a rocker/rocker c with no issues?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I know there is the Arlen Ness "Slam Kit."&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Has anyone used anything else?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Is it adjustable or is it lowered to a set distance?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I will be signing off on everything soon, so help a brother out...&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
No issues here. The dude your refering to, removed his bumper for what ever reason? Maybe that was his excuse to not have to take his wife along. Yes its adjustable, I used lcc, and love it.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:28 AM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member

Oh yeah!&nbsp\\;[sm=welcomesign.gif]

Old 06-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Lex_Talionis
Intermediate

thanks for the info.&nbsp\\; they told me the download alone would be fine as long as I did not do any engine work (like your 103 kit).&nbsp\\; If I did ever want to do anything like that I would have to pay for another download.&nbsp\\; So still not an issue.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 01:43 PM
Lex_Talionis
Intermediate

You said, "Yes its adjustable, I used lcc."&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Sorry, but what is "lcc"&nbsp\\; Is that a name brand or what is it?&nbsp\\;

Old 06-20-2008, 03:15 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member

You said, "Yes its adjustable, I used lcc."&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Sorry, but what is "lcc"&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Is that a name brand or what is it?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Name brand. Orded it out of a cataloge the dealer had.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Rocketman69
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just some food for thought here guys....

I was riding back to Kansas City, MO from Detroit, MI and hit a pothole in Illinois (some of the nation's worst roadways) and the suspension on my rocker bottomed out.&nbsp\\; It hit so hard, it actually compressed the jounce bumper and the passenger pillion made contact with the rear fender, gouging the paint and denting the top of the fender.&nbsp\\; This is on a bike with NO LOWERING KIT whatsoever!&nbsp\\; Now, I'm not a small guy at 240 lbs, but with me riding the bike alone, and a few things in my saddlebags, there was enough travel to allow the seat bottom to come into contact with the fender.&nbsp\\; I advise being very careful with lowering this bike, as the seat/fender contact issue is not the only problem.&nbsp\\; You'll also find that left turns become much more difficult as you cannot lean the bike very far to the left even at stock ride height or the primary will make contact with the road surface.&nbsp\\; Mine is pretty scarred up as it is.

Right now the bike is at the dealer for the 5000 mile service and a fuel tank replacement while they check on whether or not the MoCo is going to cover the fender.&nbsp\\; Good luck and congrats on the new ride.&nbsp\\; Keep it shiny side up.

Quick Reply: My Rocker came in today