Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing PCIII on 07 Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 05:48 PM
VigilantOutlaw
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Installing PCIII on 07 Deluxe

Would there be enough room under the seat of my 07 Deluxe to install the power commander?&nbsp\\; I searched some of the past threads and saw every bike but a Deluxe,&nbsp\\;thought some of you might be able to help me out.
&nbsp\\;
Thanks
Steve

Old 06-20-2008, 06:45 PM
creb
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Installing PCIII on 07 Deluxe

There isnt room for the PC under the seat. it goes behind the mud cover behind the wheel. There is a cable that sets under the seat though. (I put it on my 08 deluxe)

Old 06-20-2008, 07:58 PM
VigilantOutlaw
Road Master

Thanks creb,&nbsp\\;hopefully FuelMoto will send some type of instructions/schematic.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:03 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just had one installed on my 06 Deluxe and Creb is correct about it's location.&nbsp\\; If you PM Mr. Wizard, he can give you all the specifics as he did mine and several others and we've gotten them all via fuelmotousa.com.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:33 PM
creb
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you going to do it yourself? I did. its not hard. It came with instructions (with pictures). You'll love it.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:19 PM
VigilantOutlaw
Road Master

Yeah, I'm planning on a self service job.&nbsp\\; I've always liked tearing things apart and putting them back together, minus my Deluxe of course.&nbsp\\; From most of the posts I've read it doesn't seem to be that bad.&nbsp\\; Thanks to both you and Georgia Girl, I appreciate y'all's input.
One more question if you don't mind answering.&nbsp\\; Did y'all's bikes run cooler after installing it (PCIII)?&nbsp\\; Reason being, I put a set of Rush 1.75" on and could tell it has been running a little hotter than usual since.&nbsp\\; I'm ordering a K&amp\\;N air filter along w/ the power commander also.
&nbsp\\;
Steve

Old 06-20-2008, 10:33 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; And I've been told that using a better oil like synthetic Mobile 1 will help with that too.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I went ahead and let the dealer do my 5k service and I'm sure they put that bottom of the barrel **** in it that they use.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; One thing I've noticed and have heard is that the PCIII is a bit buggy&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;in the mapping when it comes to starting your bike and you might notice a rougher start, but some tweaking will help correct that.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

Old 06-21-2008, 12:25 AM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 06-21-2008, 12:27 AM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 06-21-2008, 03:09 AM
rainierexpress
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a set of Rush slip-ons (2.25") and a PCIII on my 08 FXSTSSE2. The pipes were easy but the PCIII required some scratched knuckles to get it in position in front of the rear tire mud guard. Once you get the PCIII connectors routed through the frame into the space under the seat, it's not too bad. All in all, it took me about 2 hours. I bought everything from Fuel Moto, so the PCIII had the correct map pre-loaded. Bike sounds and runs great. Maybe a bit too loud, so I may end up getting the 1.75" baffles. The factory setup runs lean and hot, but I don't have an objective way to check temperature. It should run cooler with the PCIII. I have a shop nearby that is an authorized Power Commander tuner and he has a dyno, so I'd like to get the bike fine tuned and make sure my A/F ratio is correct. I'm thinking the A/F should be about 14.5 across all RPM's, just that sound right?

Quick Reply: Installing PCIII on 07 Deluxe