Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone making risers for 08 fatboy yet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Ozarkfatboy
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone making risers for 08 fatboy yet?

Has anyone found aftermarket risers for the&nbsp\\; 08 fatboy 1 1/4&nbsp\\; handle bars yet?&nbsp\\; Still waiting.&nbsp\\; I have a machine shop but no means of plating.&nbsp\\; Could build my own.&nbsp\\; Just keep hoping someone will come up with a set.&nbsp\\; Who would be interested in buying a set if I could produce something nice.&nbsp\\; Say maybe 2 - 4 up and 2" back.&nbsp\\; Could probably still use the stock wires and cables with 2 up and 2 back.&nbsp\\; Would have to check price of chroming not even sure i want to fool with it. Give me your source for the risers or your input on your interest in purchasing and reasonable cost.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:41 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Anyone making risers for 08 fatboy yet?

I've been looking since last September, allbeit - off &amp\\; on, for risers for my '08 FatBoy too. NOTHING. what would you think of making them out of aluminum and polishing? I'd be interested if the price wasn't too high.
&nbsp\\;
PM sent.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:06 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am watching for them too!&nbsp\\; 2 up and 2 back is exactly what I'm looking fo too!!!!!&nbsp\\; I keep my fingers crossed for manufacturers to see enough demand to tool-up for these.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:22 AM
chidiver
Cruiser

Add me to the list too....2" up and 2" back is what I am looking for...

Old 06-21-2008, 12:24 PM
08Fatty
Tourer

Add me to the list too. Don't really want to change my bars, I like them, just move them a little.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Ozarkfatboy
6th Gear

Alright guys i will order some&nbsp\\; 6061-T6 and some mild steel bar stock and make a set from each.&nbsp\\; Not set up to polish but have a friend that can i think.&nbsp\\; Give me a week and i will give ya a price and some pics.&nbsp\\; I will make the first set round all the way to the caps with taper to the stem.&nbsp\\; WIll not slab the sides. Lets just see how they look and you guys can give me your opinion.
Thanks for the Reply and interest.&nbsp\\; You'd think Harley would have already come up something wouldn't ya, I guess their aftermarket product development team is sleeping.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:44 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

I could be wrong, but you should be able to use risers made for 2007 Fatboys. Should be the exact same triple tree.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:14 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think anyone is making risers for the '07 or '08 FatBoy.... at least, I haven't found them yet. please share, if you know of some.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:37 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts

Call up the guys at wild1&nbsp\\; www.wild1inc.com and see if they have anything to fit our bikes. Personally going with 14" apes with their adapter for stock risers so I wont be needing new risers.

Old 06-24-2008, 06:34 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ozarkfatboy

Alright guys i will order some&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; 6061-T6 and some mild steel bar stock and make a set from each.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Not set up to polish but have a friend that can i think.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Give me a week and i will give ya a price and some pics.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I will make the first set round all the way to the caps with taper to the stem.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; WIll not slab the sides. Lets just see how they look and you guys can give me your opinion.
Thanks for the Reply and interest.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; You'd think Harley would have already come up something wouldn't ya, I guess their aftermarket product development team is sleeping.
&nbsp\\;
Hey best of luck!&nbsp\\; Looking forward to see what you put together!

Quick Reply: Anyone making risers for 08 fatboy yet?