Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C Owners - Step Forward Please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Rocketman69
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rocker C Owners - Step Forward Please!

Ok...

For those of you who have a Rocker C, I have a situation I need your assistance with. While riding my scoot back to Kansas City from Detroit, I hit a pothole in Illinois which caused my passenger pillion seat (nobody on it) to make contact with my rear fender.&nbsp\\; The keyring on the lock pin gouged the paint, and the plastic trim under the lock pin made a nasty dent in the top of the fender.

I took the bike to the dealer for the 5000 mile service and showed them the damage, asking if there was anything they could do about it. My service guy contacted his zone rep who had him get in contact with corporate customer service. Customer service says they have not heard of the issue yet, but to send them some pictures so they could evaluate the situation. Right now it is a waiting game for me.

What I need is for anyone who has had similar damage caused by their seat, to stop into your local dealer and bring attention to the problem. Even on a stock height bike (like mine) the possibility exists for the seat to make contact with the fender, causing damage.&nbsp\\; If more cases are brought to the attention of customer service, it is more likely that they will do something about it.

I appreciate your support on this matter.

Old 06-21-2008, 10:50 AM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Rocker C Owners - Step Forward Please!

if i do i will
i live in il land of lincoln potholes!
these roads here suck especially after the winter we had 2 tons of
salt destroyed roads sorry dude

Old 06-21-2008, 11:43 AM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Gib, Sorry to hear that. I haven't had it happen, but I will keep you in mind. Good luck. Mike

Old 06-21-2008, 12:09 PM
reds2harleys
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gib, Sorry to hear about your raw deal.&nbsp\\; I've had several passengers on my C and haven't had any problems.&nbsp\\; One girl was about 140 or so (&nbsp\\;the others were smaller ) and she was amazed at how comfortable she was.&nbsp\\; I had friends with me and I asked them how close the seat was to the fender and they said pretty close but not so close that they ever felt it might hit.&nbsp\\; I know if I was in your shoes I'd be pretty ticked off.&nbsp\\; I hope HD steps up and takes care of it for you as they should.&nbsp\\; I do have to ask why the seat was out with nobody on it though, mine is always stored until needed.&nbsp\\; Thats the idea of it.&nbsp\\; Good luck and of course I will report it if it ever happens to me.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:17 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it happens to me I'll definetly step forward, sorry for your misfortune Gib. My ride is not far from being slammed. When we swapped my swingarm, and had the rear fender off we studied the mechanics and design very carefully. We came to the conclusion it was impossible for the pillion pad to hit the fender with the bumper in place. We even considered a thinner bumper to lower it further. I made the coment that if it ever did hit hard enough to hit it, it would probably destroy the bumper. And talked about what a good design it is. This does have me a little boggled. I went out and checked my bumper and it was fine. I also pulled the trick seat out and studied it somemore. Maybe your rubber might be split(maybe unoticable to the eye?). Im confused!

Old 06-21-2008, 02:51 PM
flyburch
Road Master
Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts

where is this bumper your talking about

Old 06-21-2008, 04:09 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: flyburch

where is this bumper your talking about
sets off of the crossmember on the top of the swingarm. Its visible if you look for it.

Old 06-21-2008, 04:24 PM
flyburch
Road Master

thanks

Old 06-21-2008, 04:25 PM
flyburch
Road Master

is it supposed to keep the seat from hitting the fender

Old 06-21-2008, 07:19 PM
jayflo82
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope all works out well with your seat and your able to get that replaced(dealership for free of course). I do have one question. I have the FXCW and (of course like everyone else) I am looking for some aftermarket exhausts. I Talked to a few buddies of mine at the local shop and they said that it might just be a bracket issue. Anyone have anything else to add or has anyone figured out some bolt on's that fit just fine???&nbsp\\;

Quick Reply: Rocker C Owners - Step Forward Please!