Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ Brake on Softails

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 02:36 PM
BGHFD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ Brake on Softails

Does anyone have photos of the EZ Brake installed on a softail with Floorboards?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I am looking at one on my 2003 Heritage, but it seems to locate the pedal much closer to the floorboard than what is shown in the EZ Brake advertising photos.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; It makes braking nicer, but it seems to come at a cost of foot room while cruising (I could slide my foot under the stock lever/pedal).
I'm also curious about the Extended brake lever such as that sold my HD or Kuryakyn.

Thanks!

Old 06-22-2008, 08:25 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: EZ Brake on Softails

I solved the lack of foot space by swapping the stock floorpans for HD extended touring pans (which moved the&nbsp\\;floorboards forward by 2 inches or so), and HDGoodies floorpan extenders (which moved the floorboards out - away - from the bike by 1 3/4 inches or so). I also installed Kuryakyn's Cruise Arm Mark IIIs.
&nbsp\\;

&nbsp\\;

&nbsp\\;

Old 06-23-2008, 02:39 AM
BGHFD
Cruiser

Thanks for the reply and photos Aviator!
Moving the boards out would free up some foot space, but I'm a little hesitant to get that much closer to grinding the floorboards on the pavement.&nbsp\\; I remember seeing a forum post where someone cut the pedal area down and used smaller pad from an FX style softail.&nbsp\\; Do you notice the floorboards hitting the ground more often?&nbsp\\; I assume the EZ Brake you are running is the EZB-4?

Thanks again, and great looking bike!

I'd still like to see a pic of the EZB-4 on a softail with normal placed boards.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:49 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL!!! I guess I just don't ride agressive enough.... I've never have my floorboards drag.
&nbsp\\;
yeah -&nbsp\\;my bike has&nbsp\\;the EZ-4B.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:36 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I went with Walter Work Shop extended brake and shifter. Moves the brake forward a little more than an inch and the shifter about 2 inches.
www.waltersworkshop.com
Not a good close up of the brake but all I have at this computer.
&nbsp\\;

[IMG]local://upfiles/474/256A24909D62475EBA15B9440445E1CB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-23-2008, 10:58 AM
BGHFD
Cruiser

Thanks Xaran,

That is the first shot I've seen of the Walter's brake lever.&nbsp\\; I have their shift lever and was very happy with dealing with that company.&nbsp\\; Does the Walter's brake lever leave enough room under it to slide your boot forward on the floorboard?

Thanks again Aviator, I appreiate the feedback.&nbsp\\; This is almost as bad as buying a seat as far as trying things on or deciding what will work best without actually putting the part on and taking a test ride on some curves and highways.

Old 06-23-2008, 01:15 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

BGHFD
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Yes, the Walters Workshop Brake lever is up enough to get the boot under if you want. I think it is about 1 inch lower than the stock pedal and forward. The pedal is now at the front of my stock floorboards. I wear a 14 boot and have plenty of room on the floorboards now with the different pedal.