Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pullback bars vs how tall are you

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:56 PM
hdokie
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pullback bars vs how tall are you

Im 5'11"&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; and I been looking around at the bike night and whatnot, havent seen the bars Im looking for.
&nbsp\\;
so I ask here. I'm looking for pullbacks that dont come back to far and dont have to lean to far forward.

now before you say it's personal preferrence, there has to be someone in here thats my size, with these bars.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I'm not really interested in trial and error on picking out bars.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Archer1968
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: pullback bars vs how tall are you

This is an impossible question to answer.&nbsp\\; People may be your height but there is much more factors to be considered, like for instance im 6'1"&nbsp\\; and i use 6.5" pullbacks with standard night train drag bars and they are perfect, on the other hand my buddy also 6'1" leans to much forward on my bike and he don't like them.&nbsp\\; Good Luck!

Old 06-28-2008, 09:22 PM
hdokie
Tourer

you may be right Archer but I had to ask, rode about 300 miles today and I need diffrent bars. keep getting the knot in between the shoulder blades. have to get something. like riding, dont like pain&nbsp\\;

Old 06-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Screamin00
Tourer

kinda hard to answer, im only 5'9" and ride with 6" straight risers and stock NT bars and 3" forward control extensions(they came on the bike but I like them) so im really stretched out. But someone your height may like them more than most my height

Old 06-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Big Smooth
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of it depends on your bike since not all handlebars look right on all bikes.&nbsp\\; I have an '06 Deluxe and am 6'2".&nbsp\\; I put floorboard extensions and beach bars (stock risers) on mine and my shoulders and back feel no strain at all.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:51 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Just to throw a monkey wrench into your idea, I'm only 5' 8" but kouldn't handle the stock mini apes on my Custom. So I pulled them off and put on a set of bars that are about 4 or 5 inches lower with integral risers that come back nearly 14" and I still find myself scooting forward on the seat an inch or two before I'm really comfortable.
Sorry if you don't want to hear it, but bar choice really is something that's uniquely personal.
You might try seeing if you can ask to sit on various bikes to see just what might feel better to you, Good Luck, I fear you may need it.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:13 AM
gunner065
Road Captain

I'd like to echo what Citoriplus said. I'm a towering 5' 6", and my bars are 9" up, 6" back. They are good for me. My arms are straight, but so is my back, which to me is the main point. Maybe sit, on approval of course, on other bikes to find something that&nbsp\\;is good for you. Gunner out.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:32 AM
hdokie
Tourer

I have an idea, everyone with pullbacks meet me in OKC since its the center of the US for the most part. &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; &nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;

lets say the weekend after the 4th of july,is that weekend good for ya'll?

I'll buy the first round&nbsp\\; of beers

Old 06-29-2008, 01:37 AM
Sftail1990
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did this when I decided to fit mine, first thing I did was to get a tape measure and hold it in between my hands so I knew what width of bars I wanted, then I got to where I would be comfortable and measured around there to where the trees would be, that would be my pullback you can also see what height you want that way.&nbsp\\; All those measurements except the width will be close approximations but should put you pretty close to the ballpark on what is comfortable for you.&nbsp\\; Then you just find the style you want, then start seeing if you can get the width, pullback and rise you need.&nbsp\\; Make sure when you measure to the trees for pullback you are in the riding position with feet on pegs or floorboards or whatever not just sitting on it with your feet on the ground, that will change things quite a bit.