Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got to ride a Crossbones...

Old 06-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Uncle Fester
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got to ride a Crossbones...

The demo ride truck finally made its way to Lower Alabama this weekend, and so I finally got a chance to take a Crossbones for a spin. They had a pretty decent "route," about 14 miles or so, including a stretch on the Interstate.

What can I say? I'm in love. The only Harley I've ever had that fit and felt comfortable straight stock. That spring seat was AWESOME, and the baby apes were just right for my stumpy arms. The demo bike was Blue Denim, which ain't really my color, but it was still gorgeous.

Now I just have to wait until some decent used ones come on the market. Been burned with the dealer fees and depreciation too many times to ever buy new again.

And I don't care if it looks "right" or not, I'm adding a windshield. That ten miles at 75+ reminded me why I always wind up with a fairing or windshield.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Apostle
Advanced
Default RE: Finally got to ride a Crossbones...

man - I love the feel of wind beating against me... Seems like part of the experience to me.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:42 PM
bulkman2008
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the looks of the Crossbones too , alot&nbsp\\; and if I stop and look too long I an gunna have me a second bike but like you said I too will wait on a second hand one that someone else done made right .

Old 06-28-2008, 11:16 PM
6165hd
Road Captain

I don't remember there being any issue with going 75-80 rpms, What wind?? I was and&nbsp\\; I am the wind!!! '
&nbsp\\;
No windshield necessary!!! confirmed by experience.... if its still a problem..turn around.. and go down draft!!!&nbsp\\; ha, ha,,,,, its your choice bro!!!!
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-29-2008, 02:30 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have not got to ride mine much with all this freakin rain.... but sure do like the looks of the bike... the little I have ridden it it did seem like a pretty nice ride... well that is comparing it to the Sportster...[8D]
&nbsp\\;
Ordered the black shortshots of it the other day... sounds too much like a goldwing right now....[:'(]
&nbsp\\;
Charlie D.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:03 AM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the look too!!! Very old school and not as near as much work as my bober, but that is part of the fun I guess[\\] I just do not understand why HD chose that rear end...the only thing I do not like about it. If I were in the market to buy another bike I would have to see if I could put the fatboy rear fender on it.

Never have been a fan of the traditional softail rear fender.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yaa, I love the Ole school too.&nbsp\\; I was going to sell my 51 Chevy PU&nbsp\\;Street Rod to get money to build a Bobber. I went down to my favorite dealer last March and Cross Bones had just been pulled out of the truck that day.&nbsp\\; I sat on it and&nbsp\\;I&nbsp\\;was sold.&nbsp\\; They said they were only going to get 3 and this one was sold.&nbsp\\; They also said they had a Black Denim coming in next week.&nbsp\\; I went home that night looked at some of the articles about the bike in mags and bought it the next day.&nbsp\\; I had a 1200 sporty that was less than one year old.&nbsp\\; Screw it, your only passing thru.
&nbsp\\;
As far as the wind in the face goes.&nbsp\\; I didn't get this pretty by using a wind shield for my 43 years of riding.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:06 AM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm with you BigSeaDaddy,

I love the retro look of the bike but am not a fan of the rear fender. An old school wrap around would be perfect. I've ridden both the new Rocker C and the Cross Bones and both ride very nice. A windshield would be shameful on either ride.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Uncle Fester
Tourer

I wasn't real crazy about the rear fender either. I did some photochopping, and I think the lines flow much more smoothly with a Fatboy rear fender. Wonder how difficult it'd be to swap them out?

[IMG]local://upfiles/4280/5FEA9AA52A7A4224B2B59D8E0E2B0786.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-29-2008, 01:33 PM
pvtryno
Advanced

Its an awesome ride man! I've had mine since march and totaly dig the thing! Not sure how much luck you are going to get picking up a used one. All the other owners seem to really like the bones and probably won't be tossing them back to the sale lot to soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Finally got to ride a Crossbones...