Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson Longhorns S2-911

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 07:28 PM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Samson Longhorns S2-911

I know that allot of you run the V&H Duals with fishtails and swear by them and some of you run the Samson True Duals on your Deluxe, but has anyone used the the Samson Longhorns?

I really love the same side fishtail overlay look but I have heard somethings about Samson customer service and fit and finish. They are the only one that offer this look and I think it is just sick but if they are shotty then I will spend the extra cash and get the V&H's.

These are part of Samson's Big Guns III, has Samson fixed these issues are they still risky?

Thanks

Old 06-29-2008, 08:08 PM
commander112
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Samson Longhorns S2-911

I run Samson's and so far have not had issues with the quality or fit and finish.&nbsp\\; In fact, I just damaged a muffler on my pipes (strap rubbed off the finish while being trailered) and am awaiting the replacement mufflers to arrive directly from Samson.&nbsp\\; Talked to a couple people on the phone there that did not know their stuff (one is now fired and the other freely admitted that he was the "new guy" there)&nbsp\\;before finally finding someone that really knew the product though.&nbsp\\; If that is the look you are after I would not hesitate in buying from them.
&nbsp\\;
Mark

Old 06-30-2008, 03:23 AM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Mark,

You said that a strap rubbed the finish off. Did Samson replace it for free???? I ask only because it would speak of their customer service. Not that I think that they are required in such a case, just that it would speak highly of them if they did.

That said at least you got help and an English speaker I would assume. I had an issue with my credit yesterday that required me to call Equifax...the person that picked up the phone was from India. When I had asked if the customer service was in the US he told me" no that their offices were in India". I laughed and hung up the phone when he said he needed my SSN and DOB prior to helping me.....

I called back during normal hours and finally got an American on the line!!!!

Thanks for your help!

Brent

Old 06-30-2008, 07:03 AM
commander112
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: BigSeaDaddy

Thanks Mark,

You said that a strap rubbed the finish off. Did Samson replace it for free???? I ask only because it would speak of their customer service. Not that I think that they are required in such a case, just that it would speak highly of them if they did.

That said at least you got help and an English speaker I would assume. I had an issue with my credit yesterday that required me to call Equifax...the person that picked up the phone was from India. When I had asked if the customer service was in the US he told me" no that their offices were in India". I laughed and hung up the phone when he said he needed my SSN and DOB prior to helping me.....

I called back during normal hours and finally got an American on the line!!!!

Thanks for your help!

Brent
&nbsp\\;
Not replaced for free.&nbsp\\; It was totally my fault and not a defect of their product or workmanship.&nbsp\\; The replacement parts were not cheap since they do not sell just one pipe I had to buy the pair.&nbsp\\; Also, the pipes that come with the S-430 do not have removable baffles so no chrome shop here would re-chrome it for fear of carbon coming off into their chrome.&nbsp\\; The new pipes that are coming have removable baffles and are nicer.
As for the people there, I was calling in-house (not a call center)&nbsp\\;to the company in CA and spoke with actual English speaking people.&nbsp\\; KC had good product knowledge.&nbsp\\; You can get a better deal on many of their parts through a Drag Specialties dealer.&nbsp\\; Although&nbsp\\;DS does not offer the complete Sanson line of product and they use different part numbers than factory on all of their parts.&nbsp\\; It can get confusing.
&nbsp\\;
Mark&nbsp\\;

Old 06-30-2008, 11:39 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I just put on a used set of samsons and found them helpful thus far.&nbsp\\; This is my first set and thgey have only been on for several weeks. &nbsp\\;