Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EXCITED ABOUT XIEDS

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:07 AM
rockerhead
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXCITED ABOUT XIEDS

I have Vance &amp\\;\\\\\\; Hines made RSD Tracker exhaust along with HD Heavy Breather, plus a V&amp\\;\\\\\\;H Fuel/Pak
Come to find out that the F/P just brought the A/F ratio back to where the EPA wants it (still to lean).
Installed a pair of XIEDS and what a difference! My butt dyno registered smoother idle, smoother roll on,
able to run in sixth gear at lower speeds without lugging and best of all my leg is no longer being fryed.
And the bike even sounds better. Best $100.00 I ever spent (on my bike, that is).
2007 Night Train

Old 06-30-2008, 11:47 AM
stmpulr
Cruiser
Default RE: EXCITED ABOUT XIEDS

ORIGINAL: rockerhead

I have Vance &amp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Hines made RSD Tracker exhaust along with HD Heavy Breather, plus a V&amp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;H Fuel/Pak
Come to find out that the F/P just brought the A/F ratio back to where the EPA wants it (still to lean).
Installed a pair of XIEDS and what a difference! My butt dyno registered smoother idle, smoother roll on,
able to run in sixth gear at lower speeds without lugging and best of all my leg is no longer being fryed.
And the bike even sounds better. Best $100.00 I ever spent (on my bike, that is).
2007 Night Train
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;Did you remove the FP and just use the XIED's ?
&nbsp\\;
Are you showing any codes now?

Old 06-30-2008, 01:25 PM
FL DEUCE
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto to what stmpulr&nbsp\\;asked...............
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-30-2008, 02:46 PM
rockerhead
Road Captain

Still running F/P as nightrider said it would work with XIEDS, and not showing any codes.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:07 PM
wdale
Intermediate

Rockerhead,
I have checked out the XIEDS and I like the idea and price. Will the dealer complain about it as my bike is new? Can I do air cleaner and pipe with just XIEDS?
Thanks!!

Old 06-30-2008, 04:48 PM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

ORIGINAL: wdale

Rockerhead,
I have checked out the XIEDS and I like the idea and price. Will the dealer complain about it as my bike is new? Can I do air cleaner and pipe with just XIEDS?
Thanks!!

I've seen a few posts asking if dealers will say something about having the XIEDs installed. I think it depends on what type of dealer you have. Would your dealer complain if you had any other aftermarket mods to EFI, intake, or exhaust? If you have to go to a bitchy dealer for service, the XIED can be uninstalled in minutes with no trace it was ever there.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can't wait for mine to arrive....They shipped them on fri so they should be here in another day or two. I installed Rush slipons (2.00)last week and it does seem to be looking for more fuel. I couldn't take the stock ones anylonger..... I have a question for all on here, What is the best fuel controller?
&nbsp\\;
Enjoy the Ride

Old 06-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Deluxechuck
Tourer

Ok clue me in what is the xied? I have BS Longs and I am using the fuelpak. 1500 miles and no problems, but is there something better??

Old 06-30-2008, 07:36 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

just read up on that item
sounded good nice to have a testimony as well

Old 06-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Solitaree1
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Deluxechuck

Ok clue me in what is the xied? I have BS Longs and I am using the fuelpak. 1500 miles and no problems, but is there something better??
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
IED or Xied, stands for Inline Enrichment Device. Can be purchased from a web business called
http://www.nightrider.com/
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
It's essentially a resister added inline to your injector that tells the ECM you are running lean, so it boosts the amount of fuel to your cylinders.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Typical factory ratios are about ...14.7 to 1, the ied and the xied can increase that to anywhere from 14.2 to 1 and a 13.??? to 1.
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

Quick Reply: EXCITED ABOUT XIEDS