Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Large Deluxe Motorcycle Touring Pack

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:32 PM
MickeysHeritage
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Large Deluxe Motorcycle Touring Pack

I'm thinking about purchasing the below luggage for my 2008 Heritage for LeatherUP.&nbsp\\; Anyone have these bags or know of any pros and cons to them?&nbsp\\; How about the company?&nbsp\\; I know that I also need to purchase a luggage rack for my Heritage for this touring pack to sit on.&nbsp\\; My daughter will be riding with me so it will need to sit on the luggage rack and strap to the passenger backrest.&nbsp\\; Any suggestions on luggage racks?&nbsp\\; Should I stick with HD or are there others just as good out there?
&nbsp\\;
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Motorcycl...ack/50599.html
&nbsp\\;
Any help is appreciated!
&nbsp\\;
Thanks!
Mickey

Old 07-02-2008, 09:41 PM
NT_rider06
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Large Deluxe Motorcycle Touring Pack

can't speak for that particular bag, but can speak for the company. i've ordered a few things from them and every product has been excellent quality and very good service.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Large Deluxe Motorcycle Touring Pack

I considered it mostly because I thought it looked nice with the Heritage and I didn't want to drop the big bucks on the HD Tourpak.&nbsp\\; But I also think the Kuryakyn Full Dresser, Grantour, and Tailgator offer more utility.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; In the end I dropped the big bucks on the tourpak.
&nbsp\\;
As for luggage racks,&nbsp\\;I didn't like the full time look of&nbsp\\;the stock&nbsp\\;luggage racks. So&nbsp\\;I went with the Kuryakyn fold down one.&nbsp\\; It looks just like the stock sissy bar and when it's up you can barely tell it's on the bike.&nbsp\\; It mirrors the stock bar perfectly, longer and more narrow that typical rack.&nbsp\\; It's held up by 3 rare earth magnets which are fine on the smooth road but don't hold on bumps.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;Big enough bump and it would&nbsp\\;come all the way down. &nbsp\\;So I use a strip of velcro wrapped around the bars as backup.&nbsp\\;