Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hand deflectors any body have them

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Umm.......no.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:18 PM
eddiechips
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hand Deflectors from National Cycle

Originally Posted by gunner065
Same here. But are you allowed to get away with finger less gloves with these things?
Gunner, if you live in Canada, it's really silly not to consider every possiblity, when it comes to finding ways to keep your hands from freezing. But to each his own.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:29 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 461 Posts

My ol' man had something like these on a WG (trike for you newbies) flattie. This was back in the late '30s or early '40s. If you were gonna ride from Ohio to Minnesota in the winter they were pretty nice. If you can't handle that kind of riding, then maybe you ought not hammer someone doing something so he can.

I have a set of 'em around here somewhere, but they came off a dirt bike. Worked good enough so I could ride to work when the temps were in the 20s. I have a set of "hippo hands" somewhere here, too. They were made for a 4-wheeler. Hippo hands are insulated bag-like things that fasten around your bars & grips. You stick your hands in them & they come about half way up your arms. I can wear a pair of light unlined leather gloves and the hands stay nice and toasty. They'd work even better with heated grips.

Bottom line is do whatever you have to do to stay warm. And then laugh at the timid souled poseurs who are afraid to try whatever it takes to keep on riding!

Old 09-29-2008, 09:51 PM
powaypete
Road Master

Originally Posted by pococj
Bottom line is do whatever you have to do to stay warm. And then laugh at the timid souled poseurs who are afraid to try whatever it takes to keep on riding!
+1

I use them, got mine from J&P. Having had 4 broken bones in just my hands, I ride year round with them.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:57 PM
eddiechips
Advanced
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pococj
My ol' man had something like these on a WG (trike for you newbies) flattie. This was back in the late '30s or early '40s. If you were gonna ride from Ohio to Minnesota in the winter they were pretty nice. If you can't handle that kind of riding, then maybe you ought not hammer someone doing something so he can.

I have a set of 'em around here somewhere, but they came off a dirt bike. Worked good enough so I could ride to work when the temps were in the 20s. I have a set of "hippo hands" somewhere here, too. They were made for a 4-wheeler. Hippo hands are insulated bag-like things that fasten around your bars & grips. You stick your hands in them & they come about half way up your arms. I can wear a pair of light unlined leather gloves and the hands stay nice and toasty. They'd work even better with heated grips.

Thanks very much pococj, I agree 100 per cent.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:50 AM
paintedlady
Stage I

hey, dude... I HAVE a *****, but I also have over 200k between three motorcycles and I'm now at 7400' elevation and at 17*F in the mornings, I'd like to keep my finger tips and not lose them to frostbite (even when double gloved) so keep you lame *** opinions where they belong, next to your *******!

Yea, I'm looking for a set, too, I ride all year long, except in snow, I have yet to find knobbies for an 05 FXSTS

Old 02-14-2009, 10:40 AM
fattdog
Banned

I use heated gloves and heated socks from Gerbings when the temps get low. I have riden at about 15 deg and no problems. If you have heated grips, that would be even better. Like someone else said, you gotta do what you gotta do to stay warm. If the hand deflectors work for you, then go for it.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:59 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Better hurry, sale ends today. They're a steal at $77.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:56 AM
raaaaaa
Road Master

I love this sh$#$%. WOW Hand deflecters!!!
I Love America where else can you make, sell, buy, use, ridicule, hand deflectors.

Old 11-16-2014, 10:01 PM
TxVaHunter
Novice

Apparently the Haters dont ride in the cold stuff 20-30 degree weather. By trial and error I tried different gloves and inserts but my fingers would still freeze.
2 years ago I bought Wind deflectors for my grips and my fingers never get cold, I can wear just my good leather winter gloves no inserts. I put the deflectors on when the weather gets cold and take them off come spring time. Best $$ I ever spent.

Quick Reply: hand deflectors any body have them