Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H BR on Rocker myth busted? Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:35 PM
AirCommando
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H BR on Rocker myth busted? Pics.

I just got my bike back from the dealer after he put V&amp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;H BR's on it. Mechanic said they bolted right up with no problems. The parts guy said they were the ones made for the Rocker, which I thought was kind of strange since I talked to the V&amp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;H tech dept. yesterday and they said they wouldn't be out until the end of August. I do know that the part number on the box was different than the one in the catalog for 07-08 Softails.
Anyway, here's some pics of the installation. V&amp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\;H said they run too close to the oil lines. I looked at a stock setup on the showroom floor, and the rear stock pipe was touching the lower oil line. Note the clearance now.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:43 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: V&H BR on Rocker myth busted?

get some better pics so we can see the exhaust better
the one pic looks like the spacing is off&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; what i mean is the gap is bigger
toward the front of the pipes then it looks like its almost touching at the other end
btw nice color

Old 07-09-2008, 07:49 PM
AirCommando
Cruiser

I thought that looking at them from the top down, they looked closer together in the rear than in the front, but, when I got down and looked at them straight on, they looked equally spaced. It's raining out now, so I'll get some better pics tomorrow.
&nbsp\\;
AC

Old 07-09-2008, 08:02 PM
AirCommando
Cruiser

Here ya go, I just stuck the camera down there and got these inside the garage. Look pretty even to me.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice bike...i also have crimson Rocker C. getting it lowered tomorrow will post pics..

Old 07-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Willyc.
Intermediate

&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I stopped in at the local dealership about a week ago, and they had sold a blue rocker c that was in the back.&nbsp\\; They had installed V/H big radious on it also.&nbsp\\; They fired it up so I could listen to it also.&nbsp\\; Sounded good [sm=bounceybounce.gif]&nbsp\\; Anyways, they told me that they were told they wouldn't fit but said they had no trouble at all putting them on the bike.&nbsp\\; Also said if they did the work it would all be under warranty.&nbsp\\; I still haven't decided which pipes i want but i really did like the looks and sound of the V/H BR.&nbsp\\; Nice looking scoot AirCommando&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\ ;&nbsp\\; Cheers Everyone....[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Let's ride........[sm=biker.gif]

Old 07-09-2008, 09:30 PM
AirCommando
Cruiser

Thanks *****. The reason I let them do it is now I am sort of crippled up\\; artificial knees, pins and screws fusing my ankles and feet, titanium plates in my neck holding it together, bad back the VA wants to operate on now, and they had to do the stage 1 install and computer download. So, let them do it and then I'm sure it's under warranty as far as the bike is concerned, but, V&amp\\;H says they won't fit and they can't warranty a mis- installation!
AC

Old 07-09-2008, 09:33 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,
&nbsp\\;
Looks good! You'll love how smooth the Rocker C rides...I can't get over that aspect of it myself. Much smoother than the Night Train and Softail Standard I had in the past.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:37 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ac
man does that bike look sick
someday if my dealer gets off their a$$ i might have one too&nbsp\\; lol
red looks real fast real fast&nbsp\\; lol&nbsp\\; nice job howd dem pipes sound?

Old 07-09-2008, 09:39 PM
AirCommando
Cruiser

Thanks jason. Well, as far as the ride so far, 53 miles on it, I think my 2001 Springer rode smoother, and it was even lowered. But, I like the style!Was almost going to get a Big Bear Chopper last year, but waited until I saw the Rocker. HD name, you know! Better resale, although the days of selling your used one for more than the new one you buy are over!
AC

Quick Reply: V&H BR on Rocker myth busted? Pics.