Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cross Bones Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Darkbones
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross Bones Questions

I just bought a new Cross bones, and I'm wanting to do some upgrades.&nbsp\\; My problem is that I"m not sure if the dealer is giving me the straight info.&nbsp\\; I'm going to put the SE Heavy Breather and V&amp\\;H Black Shortshot staggered.&nbsp\\; The one dealer is telling me that the SERT is the best way to go.&nbsp\\; The other is saying Fuelpak.&nbsp\\; At somepoint I'm thinking of upgrading the Engine with the Big Bore, which is a whole different question.&nbsp\\; I'm completely confused about which is better a 96" to 124" Conversion or just a engine rebuild.&nbsp\\; The dealer said that if i'm going to do the conversion I should get the SERT, so if I'm just going to do a rebuild go with the fuelpak.
&nbsp\\;
Thanks for the help guys.&nbsp\\; I've done searches and found some info, but not everything.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:41 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Cross Bones Questions

I went with the fuel pak.&nbsp\\; The engine is now more than&nbsp\\;powerful enough for me.&nbsp\\; So I guess its what you want, a bigger engine or just spending a couple of hundred on A/C, pipes and Fuel system mods.
&nbsp\\;
Good luck.