Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 06:11 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deluxe Windshield

Want to get a windshield for my deluxe, for the cold weather don't ya know. I was told that the low smoked version is the one I want. I sat on a stock Heritage, and was looking threw the shield, and was told that I want to look over it. Anyone got the low smoked for the Deluxe? Pic?

Thanx!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:01 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Some riders like looking through the shield so it's mainly a personal preference thing. I don't so I cut 1.5" off my Heritage making it 19 now. I put the smoked version on my wife's deluxe. It's 17.5" and probably a bit low for her. If you go by the tip of the nose advice.
Don't have any pictures but I think it looks better than the taller windshield because it has a HD logo on the front and the metal frame has a different design to it. The smoking is very light and you can barely tell the difference. If you get it from Zanottimotors you can get around 20% off.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:42 PM
edeluxe07
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HOGBOB
Want to get a windshield for my deluxe, for the cold weather don't ya know. I was told that the low smoked version is the one I want. I sat on a stock Heritage, and was looking threw the shield, and was told that I want to look over it. Anyone got the low smoked for the Deluxe? Pic?

Thanx!
Here's one if it uploads correctly....I like the low version...had the original one and sold that to a friend. The low one allows you to look over...for me was only a problem in the rain and when it fogged up...but now I'd rather look over than thru.

Attached Thumbnails Deluxe Windshield-imgp0299-2-.jpg  
Old 08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
tt_ksu
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the tall nostalgic on my Deluxe. It works great for me and comes off quick when you don't want it on there. I look through it since I'm not very tall, but the clarity is great and I get very little buffeting.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:37 PM
kuche
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harley windhshields

is it ok to apply rainx to harley windshields?

Old 08-19-2008, 06:10 AM
07deluxe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kuche
is it ok to apply rainx to harley windshields?
NO! Its says it right on the bottle.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:50 AM
commander112
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I see you have crash bars on your bike. One of the best things to get for the cold is the crash bar wind covers. I think the HD ones do not say that they fit our bike but they do. Just a suggestion.

Mark

Old 08-19-2008, 07:40 AM
HOGBOB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE: I installed the nostalgic low profile smoked W/S. I wish I could say I like it, but the wind buffeting is too much. I've never ridden with a shield before, but this one makes the top of my head feel like it is in a cyclone. I also get alot of air coming from under it, and lifting my glasses above 60 miles an hour. Oh well, wonder if the tall version would be much better?

Old 08-19-2008, 08:35 AM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

not the same bike but I have a low profile on my Bones and my Sportster before that, I could never get used to looking through the windshield. It come just above my chin and makes a big difference in cold weather. Highway riding is a lot more comfortable also. Unlike most I really don't think it looks bad even on the Bones, windshields have been on bikes since the beginning of time just need one that looks right.

Last edited by GymRat523; 08-20-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:00 AM
leond
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HOGBOB
UPDATE: I installed the nostalgic low profile smoked W/S. I wish I could say I like it, but the wind buffeting is too much. I've never ridden with a shield before, but this one makes the top of my head feel like it is in a cyclone. I also get alot of air coming from under it, and lifting my glasses above 60 miles an hour. Oh well, wonder if the tall version would be much better?
I had this problem on my Electra Glide. I put on the shields that mount on the side of the forks. It made a huge difference.

I have a set for my Fatboy but haven't tried them yet.

LeonD

Quick Reply: Deluxe Windshield