Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nite Train VS. Fat Bob

Old 08-09-2008, 11:42 AM
STING
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nite Train VS. Fat Bob

Im looking at both bikes , just wanting to hear owners opinions on each, riding confort, suspension, i know motors are the same size but would one motor make a better build for a 110 over the other? thanks.STING

Old 08-09-2008, 11:56 AM
lucospock
Tourer

I was torn between the Street Bob and the Nightrain....one day was SB, another the NT...then finally made up my mind. Those apparent rear shocks of the dynas give a less sexier appearence than the softail, IMO...

Old 08-09-2008, 12:16 PM
STING
Intermediate

nice bike, how long before you changed the handlebars, i like the way the stock bars feel but do you get worn out to quick? thanks for the replys.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:30 PM
HBWill
Advanced

I've had both bikes. Honestly, comfort wise, the street bob was more comfortable because of the mini apes. I'm in the process of upgrading my night train and replacing the bars with something more comfortable is one of the top on the list. I love my night train and I loved my street bob. Both are denim black, so you can tell which paint job I like.

I do get more worn out with the stock bars right now. My neck and upper back get tight pretty quick.

Hope that helps.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:39 PM
STING
Intermediate

thanks for the replys i like the riding position of the drag bars but wasnt sure how far of a ride it would be comfy.I think the nite train looks cooler with the bigger front wheel as oposed to the small 16 on the fat bob. thanks STING

Old 08-09-2008, 01:18 PM
ttlpakg
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Night train!!

Old 08-09-2008, 02:38 PM
djvargas
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by STING
thanks for the replys i like the riding position of the drag bars but wasnt sure how far of a ride it would be comfy.I think the nite train looks cooler with the bigger front wheel as oposed to the small 16 on the fat bob. thanks STING
Change out the drag bars. The NT is about attitude. You would not believe the folks that drive up next to me, give a wink and a nod of approval, and smile and wish that they could have one too. If you are worried about your @ss then get the fat bob. Otherwise venture into the dark side of the force.

Old 08-09-2008, 02:45 PM
STING
Intermediate

nite train it is!!!

Old 08-09-2008, 03:09 PM
HBWill
Advanced

Good choice! I just realized that my reply was based on the street bob, not the fat bob. Sorry about that.

Old 08-09-2008, 03:11 PM
looneycanuk
Cruiser

I faced the same problem a few weeks ago: Train or Dyna.

Wound up with the Street Bob because it was cheaper, more powerful off of the shelf, handles a better and the Train just didn't feel as comfortable.

To end the debate, I bought the SB and added drag bars and highway pegs and I am very happy with how she handles! This being said, a Train with a 250 **** will eventually end up in my garage.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nite Train VS. Fat Bob