Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got me a X-Bones

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 04:45 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got me a X-Bones

Everyone,

Well I did it; I bought a 2008 Cross Bones. I traded my 2006 Street Glide in for it. They gave me a heck of a deal on my trade ($14,500 for a mostly stock SG) and threw in the sissy bar, pass pillion, and footpegs for the X-Bones with the deal.

Right now it is the vivid black paint, but I ordered the Grind Custom Paint Set - Alpha. It is the paint job on page 213 of the 2009 parts book. I have never had the pleasure of a custom paint job so I am pretty excited!

I got lots of great responses from this forum when I asked if I should trade in my Street Glide, but one in particular stuck in my mind. I quote, "When you turn on your motorcycle, does it return the favor"? I know this is a knockoff from the Cadillac commercial, but still it worked on me.

Pictures will be up as soon as the paint job gets here (2 weeks from now).

Old 08-11-2008, 04:48 PM
EvEr34
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats...can't wait to see the pics

Old 08-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Budmiester
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the purchase! You'll love it, and it does draw attention. I've had mine for three months and I'm still getting an unbelieveable amount of comments on it. Haven't been pulled over by any cops, yet, but here in Illinois the State Troopers ride Hogs and I've gotten some long stares. In my book, this is the bike alot of people were waiting for the MoCo to put out. Hell, I may even start loading up on shares of HD.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:45 PM
BTL
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congats on the new bike, put some miles on it so you can tell us if you made the right decision compared to your street glide.

Attached Thumbnails Got me a X-Bones-tmpphpcnm5uh.jpg  
Old 08-12-2008, 04:19 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah... I get a lot of comments on my Bones... I think its the Olive and Black... It looks so old school and military...

I was about to buy the Denium Black... but kept walking back looking at the Olive and decided to go with that... Go Figure...

After spending almost then years in the Army... back in the late 60s to mid-70s I never would have thought I would buy an OD Green bike... :-)

Charlie D.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:50 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Well I'm sure you will be happy.
You need to ride what gets you excited.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:50 AM
HDChloe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dbleagle
Yeah... I get a lot of comments on my Bones... I think its the Olive and Black... It looks so old school and military...

I was about to buy the Denium Black... but kept walking back looking at the Olive and decided to go with that... Go Figure...

After spending almost then years in the Army... back in the late 60s to mid-70s I never would have thought I would buy an OD Green bike... :-)

Charlie D.
To be honest, if I could have gotten myself the olive green color I would have. I think it is so unique. I love the flat denim colors they have now, but man that olive green is so cool. I hope the custom paint I ordered gets me going as much as I think it will.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:54 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Our dealer had a Cross Bones that they put on a set of Samson upsweep fishtail pipes.
Man did that really set off the bike.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:06 AM
ratatude
Cruiser

Congrats on the bones ....enjoy !!

Old 08-12-2008, 08:51 AM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did the Samson upswept fishtails also, whatever you do it's a fun bike to ride and you will enjoy it.

Quick Reply: Got me a X-Bones