Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycle Sounds

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:25 PM
5speedblu
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cycle Sounds

Any one have, heard or seen the after market amp & speakers from Cycle Sounds?

can you hear them ? is it clear? are they worth $400.00?
I know most of you baggers have tunes but how about the Softtail men & women?

Old 08-15-2008, 11:50 AM
dave2800
Cruiser

I was about to ask the same question. It would be nice to listen to some music on those long rides. I am looking at using a Zune mp3 player.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:04 PM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you two guys ever get any answers or did you end up buying it? Let us know.
Thanks,

Old 03-28-2009, 07:22 PM
the money pit
Banned

I have these ... they block out all the outside noise and are really clear at speed with the wind and everything ... I dont know how legal it is but it works for me .. and your looking at 400 bucks for a stereo . if you dont mind the ear buds these are the way to go . get a zune load it up with music and your still under 200 bucks ... ps these are skullcandy ear buds .. there are a ton of diffrent styles ranging from 17 bucks to 70 bucks

Attached Thumbnails Cycle Sounds-skullcandy-20inkd2.jpg  
Old 03-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm not sure about Cycle Sounds. I got a setup from Uniqcycle and use a satellite radio. We are pleased with the sound, and we wear ear plugs when riding. WE went across Canada to the east coast and then back to Alberta through the USA, it was sure nice to have tunes. This winter I got some 5" sub woofers and installed them in some KC headlight housings and mounted them on the crash bars. They look good (I think) and help the sound out.

Last edited by Silver Fox; 05-08-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Beerninja
Tourer

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I'm not sure about Cycle Sounds. I got a setup from Uniqcycle and use a satellite radio. We are pleased with the sound, and we wear ear plugs when riding. WE went across Canada to the east coast and then back to Alberta through the USA, it was sure nice to have toons. This winter I got some 5" sub woofers and installed them in some KC headlight housings and mounted them on the crash bars. They look good (I think) and help the sound out.

I would really like to see some pics of that, sounds like a pretty sweet setup. I am really thinking about installing some tunes somehow, my only problem is that I really don't like the look of the windshields on the fatboy, so I am not sure if I will be able to even ehar any kind of speaker setup with out one, eventually I plan on getting one of those removable fairings but those are $$$ that I won't have for a while.

Well anyways thanks in advance for the pics.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:48 AM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will find out soon whether or not the 3" cycle sounds setup works decently. I ordered it tonight. Already having 2nd thoughts. Hope it all works out.
On a side note, I have a Blackberry Storm. I can connect to "slacker" over the internet and play internet commercial free radio.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:49 AM
krub6t9
Extreme HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

i have been told by some ppl that have cycle sound and others when you reach a certain speed u cant hear. one guy told me he put his stock mufflers on to hear the tunes. so i got mixed reviews on it. i think i will keep using my smokin buds earphones til i can afford the fairing
for$ 400 dollars more you can get this setup. i have seen it heard it they are very helpful.
http://www.wideopencustom.com/dotnet...0/Default.aspx

Old 03-29-2009, 01:52 PM
fishcop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default speakers

I put a set of rumble road speakers on my heritage. I can hear quite well with them, I have a zumo 550 with xm radio. I do not have stock pipes, not sure whose they are,(put on by the dealer before I bought it) they are a bit loud somewhat equal to reinharts. But anyway at speeds higher that 75 it is difficult to hear. I also liked the rumble roads because they have the amps wired with each speaker and they are housed in a spotlight housing. If I can this darn camera to work I'll post pics.

Old 03-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Silver Fox
Club Member
Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

I'll see if I can get some pictures and post them.

Quick Reply: Cycle Sounds