Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C Luggage Rack - Customized

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 12:42 AM
v0odoo98
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Rocker C Luggage Rack - Customized

Well I started out with a Sports Bike back in 04 and had purchased a luggage rack that I had hoped to be able to take from bike to bike and after some research I ended on a Ventura luggage system. After picking up my Rocker C in April I was interested in getting new mounting hardware for my luggage system but Ventura hasn't or won't make a new mount and I ended up fabricating one. The piece I built allows for the Ventura racks to be changed from big bag to little bag mimicking the system that Ventura used. The piece locks into where the passenger seat goes.

I borrow my buddies bag to see what it would look like with two bags, which made you have more than enough room, but normally I only have one.

Now I'm just waiting on a good weekend to head up into the White Mountains and to the top of Mt Washington

Old 08-15-2008, 05:21 AM
fastcash0523
Cruiser

Looks ugly to me. I have the side saddlebags on mine, lots of room for stuff. They look a whole lot better too. What you have there looks like a gym bag hanging out over the fender. YUK

Old 08-15-2008, 06:28 AM
v0odoo98
Novice

I do not disagree with you one bit but the cost of saddlebags after all mounting hardware? I could not justify spending that much money when the only use I will have for these is for long trips and the unit comes off as easy as taking the passenger seat off.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Rocker-Mike
Cruiser

Do you have pictures of just your luggage rack without the bags on it?

Old 04-28-2009, 08:07 AM
v0odoo98
Novice

Motorcycle luggage, hard soft motorcycle luggage, racks, touring luggage | Ventura

I measure the front bar that is on the rear seat and then went out and bought round stock that was the same diameter. I cut a piece to match the front bar so it could slide into the chrome flip out. From there I formed two sides to match up with the ventura pack rack.

http://www.ventura-bike.com/media/images/packrack1.jpg

These sides were heated with a torch and bent to give me the right height and distance it sat back from the rider. After this I added a couple cross bars and made the slide that would secure it to the chrome flip out. The slide was steel tube which was slightly larger than the round stock, round stock (beveled at one end, like the rear seats slide) a couple washers, and a spring from good old home depot. I added a key chain ring on the one end for a pull and then brought it off to get powder coated.

I road this fall from Albany, NY through the Skyline Drive to the beginning of the Blue Ridge Parkway and back with this luggage rack. It is still holding up just fine.

I hope this helped everyone out. I know it's not the prettiest and doesn't fit with the leather side bag image of a harley but it served me well and allows me to throw it on and off just like the back seat.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:15 AM
airheads
Former Sponsor

v0odoo98 - I think it shows great ingenuity. We need more options like this for the Rocker C seat. Good job!

Old 03-05-2010, 08:41 PM
ezekielta
Intermediate

Great idea and fab work!! I agree more ideas to use the flipout bracket the better.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:32 PM
rossmortimore
Stage II

The chrome fitting to hold the HD saddlebags make the Rocker look better as they follow the lines of the frame and are chrome. I like the look of the bags too, I cam mine the my Pony Express bags. Your frame is functional but ugly,don't think I would ride with it.