Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Accessories List

Old 08-15-2008, 07:38 AM
kiteman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker Accessories List

The problem with a new model is that you have no idea what accessories will fit. The MoCo have added a few to the list but nowhere near as many as will actually fit.... like footpegs... handgrips etc...

Is there any way we can post up a page where Rocker owners can throw in the Brand and Part Number of items that actually fit the Rocker??

For example: V & H Big Radius pipes #26029 DON'T fit (unless with Gib's Bracket) but the soon to be available 26043 DO fit.

HD Footpegs #50133-95
fit perfectly although not listed. Also the Chrome Debris Deflector #60345-08 is fine.

Also the Arlen Ness Lowering Kit #17-100.

Just a thought......... maybe someone can spare a page of their website?

Old 08-15-2008, 10:19 PM
drkenigma1
Advanced

good idea, I'm having prob too. IE handlebars, Fuel pak, Braided cables, brake line, clutch

~Drk~

Old 08-15-2008, 11:26 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Your frustration is understood. Everyone with a new model - and in some cases new model year of an existing model as well has been in your shoes. It's about time that you should start to see more items saying they fit the Rocker. But for a lot of the legacy stuff that's been out there for a while you may have to use word of mouth like you are suggesting with this website idea. Very few will go back and adjust descriptions for products. So it's really up to you to try it and see. Common sense goes a long way in that regard and in a short time things won't look as bleak (Nothing fits the Rocker!!!!!) as you may think it does now.

There are some obvious ones though. For the bars you are pretty much stuck with stock unless you change the risers and/or HD comes out with a set that fits the stock riser (doubt it). The only other option is custom.

As far as cables are concerned you are in the same boat as everyone else - nothing special with the Rocker cables except maybe length. Grab some string or wire and your calculator and figure it out for the length you need (stock or for a custom combo of bars/risers). There is nothing special about them outside of length. If you just want SS braided versions of the stock lengths you can get those at the dealer or simply pop open the HD catalog. Look for the OEM replacements if SS aren't listed. The OEMs will give you the length and then you can go with Barnett or another brand in aftermarket SS.

I may get flamed for saying this but VH BR do fit (without Gib's bracket). It is true there is a Rocker specific set coming out. I can't say for certain because I haven't seen his brackets but based on what I have read here I'd be willing to concede that the bracket does assist with the installation. But it's not a "have to or else" item. I've ridden with a Rocker that has 5000+ miles on Big Radius without any modification to the brackets and it's fine...no stress on the ports, no leaks, no paint problems on the oil tank, etc. Not trying to take away from Gib's efforts. I just don't like to see erroneous pontifications stating something is absolutely right or wrong when it isn't accurate. VH BR will fit the Rocker...with or without that bracket.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:54 AM
kiteman
Cruiser

I hear what you say benson. I have just got my BR's and am awaiting one of Gib's brackets. I don't think you will find anyone claiming that they WON'T fit with the supplied bracket but rather that it's more of a FORCED fit. The hole spacings are pretty much identical but the offset is nearly 1" less on Gibs bracket. I assume this is due to the Rocker frame being much wider at the rear end to take the fat rear wheel.

I am told that it is very difficult to get the (standard bracket) pipes to fit with perfect spacing and that the lower pipe kicks out more than the other one at the rear end. I have also noticed this in some pics.

I guess it's just fine if you're not too picky but you know what Harley owners are like!!! It's a pity that it's taken V&H 8 months to come out with the correct fitting.