Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07' Deuce, OEM backrest, and Corbin Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 05:09 PM
ncaraballo
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07' Deuce, OEM backrest, and Corbin Seat?

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum.

Just got a deal on a leftover 07' Deuce from the dealer. Should be ready for pick up next Saturday.

I had a Corbin Gunfight and Lady on order for my 2000 XL1200S, luckily Corbin let me change the order to fit the Deuce (no refund policy, but at least now I have a seat coming I might be able to use!).

The Corbin rep recommended their backrest (at about $220 of course) because of the way the OEM HD Deuce backrest fits with their seats.

Anyone have any experience with an OEM HD Deuce backrest and getting it to fit with a Corbin seat (Gunfight and Lady more specific)?

The backrest won't be ordered until Monday so I have time to change the order still. I could maybe order the tall backrest and standard or short backrest pad to fit the extra high Corbin seat?

Old 08-16-2008, 05:41 PM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deuce Backrest

I just bought a Corbin Gunfighter and Lady Seat with one corbin backrest. Seat will be here Monday. It is my understanding that the Tall deuce sissybar and small deuce pad will mate up with the CG&L seat. A deuce in the photo gallery has that set up. I also have the luggage rack. I bought a tall backrest over eBay (I had the short one so I really didn't need the backrest pad but the Ebay seat came with one. Will let you know Tuesday if it all comes together. I am a solo rider but felt I need the backrest which works for passenger or driver. I will use the small Harley backrest to mount my SAC traveling bag (made for Deuce). PM me your email address and I will send you a photo of the CG&L installed with the Harley backrest. Just mention Gunfighter and Lady Seat in subject line so I know what it is about.

Old 08-17-2008, 09:12 PM
BigDeuceDoty
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lepera seat with the short hd backrest

Old 08-17-2008, 11:28 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My opinions of Corbin seats notwithstanding I'd have to suggest you go with the Corbin backrest. You are already paying for the seat you might as well get the backrest specific to it.

Hope you like it.