Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just changed my rear tire

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 05:57 PM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 159 Likes on 98 Posts
Talking Just changed my rear tire

I had finally gotten down to the wear strips on the stock tire at about 11k on the odometer of my fatboy. I do all of my own work (not just on the bike), but I thought about letting someone else do this for me, so I wouldn't have to buy a jack. I went ahead and got one from sears (about $120 from the web site), and I have to say that I'm very happy I did. The job was much easier than I thought it would be, and the next tire or two will more than pay for the jack. I went with a stock replacement dunlop d401 to match the front tire on my bike. I can't remember the site I ordered it from, but I had it in 2 days for $116 shipped. My local dealer wanted more than the cost of the jack and tire to do it for me. When I have to replace them both next time, I'll probably go with the metzlers. i just hope they last as long as the dunlops.

The sears jack is a very good buy. It's solid, stable and really easy to use. I was a little nervous about lifiting it up the first time, but it was a breeze.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:02 PM
learfxr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have that jack and use it to lift the rear of my Jeep YJ. I slide it under the rear axle and can lift the whole jeep up. It came in Real handy for transmission change and axle swaps in the Jeep. Not easy to put an auto trans in a lifted jeep when nothing I had was tall enough. The bike lift saved me from a lot of pain. My dad had it and he never liked jacking his big Valkyrie Interstate with it cause it made him nervous, so he gave it to me for working on the jeep.