Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Fat Boy Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 03:52 PM
nnonname
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Fat Boy Electrical Problem

Hey,

Anyone had this similar problem?
Recently my turn signals and brakelight stopped working, only occasionally though. It seems that when I power the bike up, by use of the switch on the tank, the turn signals and brakelights will either work for that entire ride or won't work for that entire ride. I have to shut the bike down and re-power it up if they won't work that time. Then they seem to work. HD dealer looked at it and read a code but only reset the code and didn't change any parts.

Thanks

Old 08-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Fats4life
Cruiser

I have a freind that has a springer with simular problem. It was the switch on the tank.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:36 AM
nnonname
Novice

Thanks Fats,

I just picked up the bike last night from the HD dealer (they kept it over the weekend to adjust the neck bearings-which were giving me a little wobble in the front end).
So, I wheeled it backwards from the service door, turned on the switch, tested the blinkers....and nothing. Then I tried again. They came on, but wouldn't go off! Fortunatley, a big dude came up to me, asked if I was having problems, I said yeah, explained it to him, asked him if he worked here, he said yeah. He went in and got the service writer who in turn brought out a tech. They looked it over, new problems started appearing. No brakelights at all. Then when applying brakes the gas light would come on. Try the horn. No horn but the gas light came on every time the brakes were applied. The tech had a half hour before closing. He said let him look around it a little bit, if he couldn't find something quickly, he'd keep it a day or two. After about 15 minutes he came riding it out. Said it's "like magic" works fine. He found an ignition switch wire loose and reconnected it properly near the switch. Cool, hope that does it. Man, I wish I could go right to that tech next time I have a problem, I'm not sure the link between the service writer and the guys that know their stuff is really that strong at my local dealer. Can you relate with that?