Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible starter problem with my Rocker.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Soldierz
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible starter problem with my Rocker.

So, it seems like that after i ride my bike around, usually around 50% of the time i go to start it up, it doesnt want to start right away. I click start, and it turns over, but doesnt kick on. I go to click start again and it usually starts right up. Anyone have this problem or have any idea why it one turn over on the first try?

Old 08-25-2008, 06:47 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, my custom was the same way. Once in a while when hot it just wouldn't fire up. Some belching in the exhaust at the same time. Let go of the start button and hit it again and it would fire right up. It's the ecm causing it. Almost like it hasn't got it's poop in a group and hasn't delivered fuel or maybe spark. I say ecm because since changing to a tmax, that problem has never happend. I've read several posts regarding the exact same thing you describe. Not serious, but it is annoying until you learn the second attempt works right away.
Ron

Old 08-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Soldierz
Novice

yeah, thanks. ive noticed the 2nd attempt works everytime so far, and it really is pretty annoying. What do i recommend i do to fix the problem?

Old 08-25-2008, 08:18 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Short of kicking the designer in the nuts, try getting it replaced. Not all of them do it. In the mean time you are killing the starter components with all this extra action.
Ron

Old 08-25-2008, 09:26 PM
YTHOG
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rbabos
Short of kicking the designer in the nuts, try getting it replaced. Not all of them do it. In the mean time you are killing the starter components with all this extra action.
Ron
Try getting WHAT REPLACED!! rbabos, what did you replace to fix the problem? I'm not sure what your talking about. Please give me details. My 07 Deluxe does the same thing and I've been going crazy for the past year trying to figure out what the problem is. What I do to get mine to start on the first try is turn on the ignition, then the kill switch on and immediately start the engine. This works first time everytime but I sure would like to be able to fix the problem.