Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F#&King UPS

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 01:43 PM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Angry F#&King UPS

Friday I sent a Rocker Touring System Strut Kit to the chromer via UPS. I just got a call from the chromer and he said only one of the two struts made it to his shop (both were in the same box) and there was a big hole in the box that UPS taped closed.

How in the world can UPS loose a big a$$ piece of metal like that without realizing it? Then they tell you "All we can do is fill out the paperwork."

I just had to order another set to be sent to the chromer - $170 down the drain. Plus they are not in stock so it will be an additional five days.

Sorry, just had to let loose a little.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:49 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were you pretty proud of your packaging? UPS is pretty brutal with everything. I always do overkill on packaging. Good luck on a quick turn around.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:01 PM
mikedmeyer
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Was the package insured? As already said, UPS beats the crap out of their packages. Fedex ground with insurance in the amount of replacement value is what I do with anything I care about.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

UPS has gotten considerable worse over the last ten years and their customer service is non-responsive at best. I am a small business owner and I have had more problems in the last two years since we bought it than I can count.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

UPS = United Parcel Smashers

Go with the post office, delivery confirmation and insurance. Haven't had a problem since I made the switch.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:07 PM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 159 Likes on 98 Posts

UPS has been a ****up for a long time now. If I remember correctly, they got all those people in Waco, TX killed years ago. UPS was delivering a package to the branch davidians when they broke it open and noticed it was a shipment of guns or ammo I think. Next thing you know - they're all dead! I don't use UPS if I can avoid it. I don't wanna die just yet!

Old 08-26-2008, 06:13 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley_Dude
UPS = United Parcel Smashers

Go with the post office, delivery confirmation and insurance. Haven't had a problem since I made the switch.
I've been using USPS lately too without issue and there even cheaper than UPS!

Old 08-26-2008, 06:16 PM
radionightster
Banned

Originally Posted by mplecha
UPS has been a ****up for a long time now. If I remember correctly, they got all those people in Waco, TX killed years ago. UPS was delivering a package to the branch davidians when they broke it open and noticed it was a shipment of guns or ammo I think. Next thing you know - they're all dead! I don't use UPS if I can avoid it. I don't wanna die just yet!
You can't seriously be blaming UPS for what happened in Waco...

Old 08-26-2008, 06:20 PM
Pork-Chop
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F#@K UPS... I use FedEx for all my shipments, exelent customer service and will refund and pay for any damages right away....one time they forgot to pick up from my house (4 26" wheels) around $300 worth of freight, I complaint and they said that it should have never happen...refunded all my $$$

Old 08-26-2008, 06:28 PM
HBWill
Advanced

Originally Posted by radionightster
You can't seriously be blaming UPS for what happened in Waco...

lol...I think he just did...What other events can we pin on UPS?

I hate them as much as the next guy. I have purchased several items online and the shop marks them for next day ship and UPS marks it like second day ship or something. DHL has been 100x more reliable for me.

Quick Reply: F#&King UPS