Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Fatboy exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 01:30 PM
haulinbass
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Fatboy exhaust ?

Just purchased a 07 Fatboy, looking to ad slip-on exhaust or go with a new exhaust sys. I was told if I go w/the slip-on it needs to be the scrm/eagle mufflers, no mods needed. What about v/h slip-on or a whole new sys will I need to mod.I am looking for a deeper throat sound but not to loud. Thanks.

Haulinbass
07 Fatboy

Old 08-29-2008, 02:46 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

1st - congrats on the FatBoy - GREAT choice!!

you can do slip-ons without changing the fuel management system - BUT, why? a power commander or V&H fuelpak (or whatever is on the market) will make it run better and cooler. that and a low restrictive A/C and slip-ons. you can do all that for under $800.

btw: Rush's seems to be the slip-on of choice. I got the power commander, SE A/C and 2" Rushs.... I like the V&H Big Radius - but like the "old school" look better. besides, it gives me all the noise I want, and the cool look.

Last edited by aviator; 08-29-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:53 PM
hellfish
Tourer

Man, I've done alot of research on this ...I want to make the right choice for my bike out of the gate this fall.

I think Rush 1.75 slip-ons would be perfect for you. No extra parts or cost involved.
Dont get eagles, they don't sound much different from stock.

I was going to go with Rush, but now I have decided to go full Stage 1 with Vance and Hines Big shot staggerd.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:23 PM
DMJFatboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with V&H big shot staggereds (quiet baffles), PCIII, and air cleaner kit from fuel moto. It runs and sounds like a harley should now.

Attached Thumbnails 07 Fatboy exhaust ?-024.jpg  
Old 08-29-2008, 04:49 PM
haulinbass
Stage IV

First thank you for serving! Retired Coast Guard here (Aviator/mech) now working on the new LUH-72. Also thanks for the info, not looking to go cheap but bwtn the bike and bass boat.... well you can't take w/you. I'll look into the Rushs. I just wanted to say thanks to all for the info alot of homework to do.

Last edited by haulinbass; 08-29-2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Say thanks to all
Old 08-29-2008, 05:02 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

thanks - and thank you for your service..... what is the LUH-72? haven't heard of it....

yeah - nothing is cheap with these things.... if you can do the wrenching youself - you can save a little. here is a break down of my parts:
power commander III $279.00..... Fuelmoto (map already loaded)
2" Rush $229.00 .... FuelMoto
Screaming Eagle A/C $140.00 ..... Chicago HD
that's $646 + about $35.00 shipping

Old 08-29-2008, 05:21 PM
haulinbass
Stage IV

The LUH is the new light/utl Helicopter,Replace the huey(History). Eurocopter BK117C2. Here in PA ITG we have two and will get two more in Dec, will have a total of 12. But I will not see the end here ,the job will be moving us to Ft Rucker (Flatiron), BIKE & FISH ALL YEAR(No More Snow).

Old 08-29-2008, 05:25 PM
DaFatBoy
Intermediate

one word..............Rush................

Old 08-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Uncle Ernie
Cruiser

I have Rush slip ons with 2" baffles on my 08 Fat Boy; sounds great. Nice deep rumble and not obnoxiously loud.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:54 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by haulinbass
The LUH is the new light/utl Helicopter,Replace the huey(History). Eurocopter BK117C2. Here in PA ITG we have two and will get two more in Dec, will have a total of 12. But I will not see the end here ,the job will be moving us to Ft Rucker (Flatiron), BIKE & FISH ALL YEAR(No More Snow).
so you're moving to Mother Rucker? I spent a year there a life time ago. if you like rolling hills covered in pine forests, area lakes full of large-mouth bass and crappies and an hour from the whitest sandy beaches you've ever seen - you'll love LA (lower Alabama).

good luck!

Last edited by aviator; 08-29-2008 at 09:19 PM.

Quick Reply: 07 Fatboy exhaust ?