Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks to all on this forum!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 07:08 PM
JR_HD
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thanks to all on this forum!

Well I am almost done installing my Wild One 14" Apes by myself. It is about 2 AM here in Germany and I am getting ready to call it a night. But first I wanted to thank all of you! Everytime I have a question, big or small, I jump on here and do a search and believe it or not, it has been answered before... Thanks!

This is the first time I have attempted a project like this on my own, between my service manual and this forum I have been able to get through every obstacle so far. I would like to make recommendation to all members of the forum! With Wi-Fi in the shop and fridge full of Bitburger (read: your favorite beer) you can accomplish almost anything you need to on your bike...and you don't need to pay labor $$!!!

Thanks Again!
JR

Old 08-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That's pretty cool when you think about it. Halfway around the world and getting help from bikers you don't even know. When else could we do such a thing? Love the forum and all the help it gives. Give us some Germany pictures from your next ride.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Born2Glide
Road Master

Good for you JR...Hello from California

Old 08-31-2008, 07:51 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds cool man, get some pics up ASAP.

Old 08-31-2008, 08:03 AM
cpt.crunch
Cruiser

thats cool jr. I want to put 16" apes on my standard but am alittle gunshy about doing it myself. I guess your post inspired me to rethink that. let you know how it turns out

Old 08-31-2008, 08:16 AM
DYNA JIM
Road Captain

let me guess, room temp. bitburger Love that stuff

Old 08-31-2008, 08:23 AM
SuperAhcmed
Banned

Originally Posted by JR_HD
Well I am almost done installing my Wild One 14" Apes by myself. It is about 2 AM here in Germany and I am getting ready to call it a night. But first I wanted to thank all of you! Everytime I have a question, big or small, I jump on here and do a search and believe it or not, it has been answered before... Thanks!

This is the first time I have attempted a project like this on my own, between my service manual and this forum I have been able to get through every obstacle so far. I would like to make recommendation to all members of the forum! With Wi-Fi in the shop and fridge full of Bitburger (read: your favorite beer) you can accomplish almost anything you need to on your bike...and you don't need to pay labor $$!!!

Thanks Again!
JR

Glad to hear you project is a sucess! As you get more experience you'll find you can pretty much do most of the work on your own for your bike. Just make sure you have the right tool for the job. This is the biggest key here.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:19 AM
Toolguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looking forward to some pictures!

Old 09-02-2008, 03:49 PM
JR_HD
Advanced

Okay... Well here it is. Finally got some pics taken. Let me know what you think.

JR

Attached Thumbnails Thanks to all on this forum!-dsc06085.jpg   Thanks to all on this forum!-dsc06088.jpg  
Old 09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

Apes/bike looks pretty nice............... so far. You don't think you're done yet, do you?

Quick Reply: Thanks to all on this forum!