Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Pillion Removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Passenger Pillion Removal

I have a 2000 Heritage and want to be able to take passenger pillion off to have just my seat as a solo. What do I need to get this done?

Thanks!

Old 09-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A screwdriver

Old 09-04-2008, 06:05 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

There's one nut right behind the passenger seat. On the rider seat on both sides under the leather flap there is a screw into the frame. Undo all those screws and slide the seat backwards and it will come loose from the mount behind the tank. Now turn the seat over and you'll see two bolts holding the pillion to the solo seat. Unbolt it and put the solo seat back on.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:08 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

I just noticed you have a grab strap also. I'm sure you can figure that one out. Just take that off too. Nice color, BTW.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:28 PM
powaypete
Road Master

Me thnks you might need a shop manual to take off the sissy bar if you're removing the p-pad. It would look better. Just thinking ahead?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member

So the two bolts, one each side, and the front shoe horn is all that holds it? I do not need anything in the very back?

Shop manuals are made for the guys that pull over to get directions..

I guess I better get that on my list of things needed.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:32 PM
TI06
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustmaker
I have a 2000 Heritage and want to be able to take passenger pillion off to have just my seat as a solo. What do I need to get this done?

Thanks!
As soon as you loosen the screw behind the passenger pillion stick a micro fiber cloth under the screw. This will protect your rear fender from getting scratched by the screw. When you're trying to lift the seat off the bike it's easy to get distracted and damage will happen. The first time I took my seat off I scratched my fender there.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member

Originally Posted by CrawdadAZ
I just noticed you have a grab strap also. I'm sure you can figure that one out. Just take that off too. Nice color, BTW.

Right now I have the entire back end apart. I am going to install detachable hardware for the bags and backrest. And then thought maybe I could use one of those stainless mud guard things, a chrome swing arm, and new wheels and tires, rotor, and pully....... And just think, I told my wife that this bike has everything i want or need

Old 09-04-2008, 08:59 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dustmaker
Right now I have the entire back end apart. I am going to install detachable hardware for the bags and backrest. And then thought maybe I could use one of those stainless mud guard things, a chrome swing arm, and new wheels and tires, rotor, and pully....... And just think, I told my wife that this bike has everything i want or need
You can run, but you can't hide. It's a starter kit.... and you're just getting started.

BTW....... yes to how the solo seat secures by it self. Mine has nothing behind it. Not sure about yours. When you fit it, make sure it doesn't look like sitting on it will rub the paint right there.