Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and hines true duels

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 12:55 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Vance and hines true duels

A couple of weeks ago i listed a post on baffles in my Vance & hines true duels. i had removed the quite baffles and installed the standard ones that come with them. when i did this my bike ran like crap. it was holding back and a low rpms it had a hesitation. i wanted my pipes a little louder and that was the reason for changing out the baffles. this did not work out ruff running and holding back cannot be tolerated nothing worst than a bad running bad sounding Harley going down the road. I decided to put the quiet baffles back in but with out the packing. bingo a nice louder sound no more hesitation or ruff running right were i want to be. the quiet baffles have a capped off end on them creating more back pressure, as soon as i got that back pressure back the bike was running like a top. so any one thinking that these changes aren't going to effect performance thing again. I really like the difference with the quiet baffles without the packing materiel they have around them. i have had good feed back from fello riders on the sound

Old 09-06-2008, 02:35 AM
chromedome
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. Running quiet baffles in my VH duals. Might give it a try.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:29 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed the V&H duals on my Road King, but initially thought it was to loud. I purchased the quite baffles and rode around with them for a while. When we would go out in group rides, my bike was the quietest. This time I did a smart thing by useing a step drill on the heat shields so I could change baffles without removing the pipes to get the shields off. I'm back to the origanal baffles which don't sound as loud as I remembered. (Maybe i'm loseing my hearing).
My motor is stock with just stage 1 W/PCIII. I had to richen the lower mixture setting to rid it of the decell popping, but it has good low end with the origanal baffles.
I may try your suggestion about removing the packing, now that I can easily swap baffles.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:06 AM
the salt
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nikonf8
A couple of weeks ago i listed a post on baffles in my Vance & hines true duels. i had removed the quite baffles and installed the standard ones that come with them. when i did this my bike ran like crap. it was holding back and a low rpms it had a hesitation. i wanted my pipes a little louder and that was the reason for changing out the baffles. this did not work out ruff running and holding back cannot be tolerated nothing worst than a bad running bad sounding Harley going down the road. I decided to put the quiet baffles back in but with out the packing. bingo a nice louder sound no more hesitation or ruff running right were i want to be. the quiet baffles have a capped off end on them creating more back pressure, as soon as i got that back pressure back the bike was running like a top. so any one thinking that these changes aren't going to effect performance thing again. I really like the difference with the quiet baffles without the packing materiel they have around them. i have had good feed back from fello riders on the sound
Thanks for posting!

Old 09-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did the same thing with my quiet baffles, they sound really good. Very quiet at highway speed.