Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Totaled

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 02:18 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Unhappy Totaled

I am in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. Beautiful weather. Rode bike down here from Ohio on US 27.

Came for 15 minutes of work and three days of R&R.

Today, went up on the road that Brushey Mountain State Prison is on. State Rt.116.

Could not navigate a 190 degree turn doing 15-20 mph. When front tire hit dirt.... I laid it down and let bike go over me and down into a ravine.

I think surely it is totaled, but the State Trooper says it is repairable. I haven't seen it.

Trooper said 116 is Devil's Triangle, just like Tail of Dragon is south of here. I was NOT going to do the Dragon, either.

So, here I sit 375 miles from home with no ride.

Plus, I am actually hurt kinda bad. BIG road rash on arm and leg, and knee swollen to point can't walk.

ER Doc says nothing broken, so that is a blessing.

CRAP!!!! Now I have to get myself and bike home. Just 9k miles on new bike since May of this year.

I have insurance on bike, so that will get repaired. I do NOT have health insurance, nor....I found out.....Nationwide does NOT have medical coverage on bike policy like all my other vehicles DO have.

SIGH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

But, God was with me, or I would have been life flighted outta there like the last TWO out of ELEVEN motorcycle wrecks at exact same spot THIS YEAR!!!!!

Nice vacation.

In motel and cannot sleep.

Last edited by wurk_truk; 09-06-2008 at 02:20 AM. Reason: high on percodans
Old 09-06-2008, 02:20 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by wurk_truk
But, God was with me, or I would have been life flighted outta there like the last TWO out of ELEVEN motorcycle wrecks at exact same spot.
If god was with you, why didn't he keep you from crashing in the first place?

Old 09-06-2008, 05:30 AM
chidiver
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get well quick and glad you weren't hurt worse. The bike can be repaired/replaced.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:42 AM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad your not hurt worse. I live about 40 minutes from Oak Ridge. If I can help with anything call me. Jeff at 865-300-4876. Devil's triangle is a less popular dragon. did you crash on the brushy mountain side? let me know if i can do anything.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:46 AM
Hidalgo
Tourer

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
If god was with you, why didn't he keep you from crashing in the first place?
Because...like any other Father...he allows his children to play and sometimes learn lessons the hard way. But I bet YOU keep your children safe and under your direct care all of the time...right?

Your reply was an obvious jab to the Christians on this site, and I for one didn't appreciate your smart-*** remark. The guy was relating his story and thankfulness for being relatively un-injured, and you have to make a remark like that. Way out of line and very childish, IMO. You would have been much better served and way more respected if you had simply made a comment about the wreck or lack of serious injury instead of attacking the guys religious beliefs and being sarcastic.

What an idiot.......

Wurk Truk...glad you're OK. Could have been WAY worse. I live 90 miles south of Oak Ridge and have ridden 116 a couple of times. In my opinion, it's a FAR more dangerous road than the Dragon. If you need anything from a HD dealer, Smokey Mtn HD is in Maryville TN and only a few miles from you. They're great folks.

Once again, I'm glad you are relatively uninjured. Hope things work out for you without a lot of monetarial loss. God was DEFINITELY watching over you.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:23 AM
SoftTailTim71
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hidalgo
But I bet YOU keep your children safe and under your direct care all of the time...right?

glad you're OK. Could have been WAY worse. In my opinion, it's a FAR more dangerous road than the Dragon.

God was DEFINITELY watching over you.
I like USING CAPS lock TOO!!! MAKES it sound LIKE I'M YELLING!!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 09:02 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Glad to hear you gonna be ok brotha. Bike parts and bikes etc can be replaced. There are some mighty find good people in those parts to take care of ya. Hope ya heal up fast and GOD SPEED!

Old 09-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+1 on Hidalgo's post.
Hope you recover quickly Wurk Truk.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Big P
Cruiser

What a bummer dude up the dose on the pain meds and try to recover!

Old 09-06-2008, 10:57 AM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hidalgo
Because...like any other Father...he allows his children to play and sometimes learn lessons the hard way. But I bet YOU keep your children safe and under your direct care all of the time...right?

Your reply was an obvious jab to the Christians on this site, and I for one didn't appreciate your smart-*** remark. The guy was relating his story and thankfulness for being relatively un-injured, and you have to make a remark like that. Way out of line and very childish, IMO. You would have been much better served and way more respected if you had simply made a comment about the wreck or lack of serious injury instead of attacking the guys religious beliefs and being sarcastic.

What an idiot.......
Obvious jab at anyone who thinks differently than you. You could have been better served also. (talkin' 'bout idiots)

Just sayin'............

Quick Reply: Totaled