Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where do i plug in the tuner? FXCWC

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 12:17 PM
RockerDave
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where do i plug in the tuner? FXCWC

Ok...this is probably a dumb question. But where do i plug in the SE pro tuner on the bike? I assume that it goes into the ECM, but I do not know where that is located on the bike. Any help? 08 Rocker FXCWC

Old 09-07-2008, 02:18 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

I can only assume you've already removed the seat?

Old 09-07-2008, 03:08 PM
RockerDave
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CrawdadAZ
I can only assume you've already removed the seat?
Of course I removed the seat. Unfortunately, there was not a neon flashing light that said "Attach Tuner Here". I am sure that out of all the people on this forum...someone can tell me how to find the ECM and where I need to plug in the cable from the tuner. I also tried reading the instructions directly from the tuner. However, they simply stated to look in the service manual. I looked in the service manual and it says nothing about connecting a data cable.
I know that I need to install the USB cable/printer cable into a laptop and the other end into the tuner. The problem I am having is that I do not know if the tuner itself attaches directly to the ECM or if I need an additional cable (9-pin serial) to attach to the other side of the tuner and then to the ECM. If I need another cable...do I have to get it from Harley or would an office supply store have that cable as well?

Old 09-07-2008, 07:21 PM
MadScot
Cruiser

Not sure if there is a comm cable connected to the ECM and tucked somewhere, but the ECM is located below and behind the oil tank. I saw it there when I had the fender off to relocate my plate. It doesn't look to be easily accessed. Hopefully someone here has some more experience and can help you.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:41 PM
Billman
Intermediate

I have an '06 Softail. Don't know if they changed anything. I'm not sure it will be the same for you. I did hear that the SERT doesn't come with cables anymore. Mine did.

First cable goes into your laptop serial port. Other end goes into the Dongle(?). Second cable comes from Dongle(?) to 4-pin Duestch connector under seat.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:32 AM
drkenigma1
Advanced

I bought a V&H Fuel Pack. They inlcuded instructions for the install. It wasn't easy but I did accomplish it. Maybe you can modify these to get the job done

~Drk~

http://www.fuelpakfi.com/harley1.html

Old 09-08-2008, 02:37 AM
drkenigma1
Advanced

Oh yea, another way to see it is to look on the left side of the bike underneath the oil tank. I had to unplug it with my little fingers and a pair of long nosed pliers. The cable that plugs into the ECM is is grey.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:39 AM
drkenigma1
Advanced

On this site http://www.fuelpakfi.com/harley1.html click downloads, the choose Rocker. You should be able to take it from there