Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somebody...talk to me...please

Old 09-07-2008, 03:16 PM
RockerDave
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody...need help please!

WHERE DO I CONNECT THE SE PRO RACE TUNER?
2008 FXCWC ROCKER

Of course I removed the seat. Unfortunately, there was not a neon flashing light that said "Attach Tuner Here". I am sure that out of all the people on this forum...someone can tell me how to find the ECM and where I need to plug in the cable from the tuner. I also tried reading the instructions directly from the tuner. However, they simply stated to look in the service manual. I looked in the service manual and it says nothing about connecting a data cable.
I know that I need to install the USB/printer cable into a laptop and the other end into the tuner. The problem I am having is that I do not know if the tuner itself attaches directly to the ECM or if I need an additional cable (9-pin serial) to attach to the other side of the tuner and then to the ECM. If I need another cable...do I have to get it from Harley or would an office supply store have that cable as well?

Last edited by RockerDave; 09-07-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:49 PM
ChosenDFW
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check with my stealer Monday and let you know

Originally Posted by RockerDave
WHERE DO I CONNECT THE SE PRO RACE TUNER?
2008 FXCWC ROCKER

Of course I removed the seat. Unfortunately, there was not a neon flashing light that said "Attach Tuner Here". I am sure that out of all the people on this forum...someone can tell me how to find the ECM and where I need to plug in the cable from the tuner. I also tried reading the instructions directly from the tuner. However, they simply stated to look in the service manual. I looked in the service manual and it says nothing about connecting a data cable.
I know that I need to install the USB/printer cable into a laptop and the other end into the tuner. The problem I am having is that I do not know if the tuner itself attaches directly to the ECM or if I need an additional cable (9-pin serial) to attach to the other side of the tuner and then to the ECM. If I need another cable...do I have to get it from Harley or would an office supply store have that cable as well?

Old 09-07-2008, 09:46 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope it works out well for you. I guess your planning on copying someones tune? I let my dealer install and dyno mine. I don't trust myself enough with computers. Thats a lot of money to spend and not watch it and see the results on paper. I also heard was easy to wipe the ecm clean if your not experienced. Which would be a big ordeal. Good luck