Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Columbus Ohio Accident repair

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:31 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Arrow Columbus Ohio Accident repair

Hey fellow forum members....

where would you recommend I get my Heritage repaired? Insurance will be involved and the bike, before the accident, was spotless and scratchless.

I live in the Central Ohio Area, but willing to have somewhat of a drive for quality work.

thanks

Old 09-07-2008, 11:32 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member

I would like to think somewhere can check frame specs, wheel and fork specs, etc. Just like a major auto body shop.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:55 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member

Wow, I sure hope a couple people can help me here.

Even with AD Farrow.... they have three shops..........

Old 09-08-2008, 11:02 AM
stmpulr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repair shops

Here in NYS Ins. co's can't tell you where to take your vehicle to be repaired they can only suggest or recommend.
I have had LOTS of dealings with Ins. co's during my working career. One thing I can say is that they (appraisers) usually know who can do quality repairs because they see it first hand ALL the time. (they are in and out of the shops everyday).
Also if there is a problem they usually have to get involved with it and believe me they don't want anymore work (problems) than necessary to bog down their work load. (they want it done right the 1st time with a happy customer)
I would contact your ins co. and see who they recommend,than stop by that shop and take a look around (even if it is a auto body shop) and see if you can talk to an appraiser from an ins. co. Many times they have offices right at the shop or are there writing an est.. Pull them off to the side and ask questions even if it is not your ins co. These guys have a feel as to who works well with them and does quality repairs. They sure could recommend a motorcycle shop also. My Ins. co. Happens to be Progressive and I know that their appraisers are up front and need to have repairs come out correctly the first time for CSI (customer satisfaction). Most ins co's are very strong on CSI. They want their customers COMPLETLY SATISIFED not just satisfied. There is a difference.
Let us know how you make out.
Steve

Last edited by stmpulr; 09-09-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very sorry about your luck! I live in Columbus as well. I can't tell you about body work-think God I have not needed it. I have had the guys at Farrow at NorthStar do all service work on both my bikes and they are top notch. very modern service facility.

FYI, the other day, I noticed that the same '08 Softail Custom has been sitting there since I bought my bike almost 3 months ago. It went down and dinged up the tank pretty good. They were telling me HD is quoting 13 weeks to get painted metal pieces done....I hope you have much better luck!

Old 09-08-2008, 02:32 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I had to do some work up in Columbus once. Seems like Farrows HD was advertised as the oldest Harley dealer in the states isn't it?