Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side mound license plate for Rocker

Old 09-13-2008, 04:53 PM
Pat Zabrocki
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side mound license plate for Rocker

Can any of the Rocker guys tell me what side mount license plate kits they used. I've seen a few on here but the one I order from Kuryakyn didn't fit.

So which ones have you used cause I need to get that ugle thing off my fender.
thanks
Pat

Old 09-13-2008, 05:10 PM
dwruddock
6th Gear

This is a great question. I was about to order the one from Kuryakyn myself but I guess I will be waiting to see some answers here. I think the one from Kuryakyn is a round clamp and we need to find one with an oval clamp. Either that or maybe a derby cover plate mount, but I don't like how far they stick out.

Pat, did you also order the medallions from Kuryakyn that are made to cover the holes in the fender? or were you going to fill repaint the fender? I am curious to find out if the medallions actually fit the curve of the fender.

If anyone is interested, I also posted pics on the thread
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...er#post3865034
of my new custom seat for my 2008 Rocker C. Custom made by Jeffrey Phipps Custom Saddles, you can check out his site here.
http://www.jeffreyphipps.com/

Old 09-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Pat Zabrocki
3rd Gear
Default medallions

I ordered the tribal covers for the screw holes. I have a lot chrome with flames so I may go with a flame kind of sticker I saw on ebay.

you are correct about the round versus oval bracket.

pat

Old 09-13-2008, 06:18 PM
HD RKR
Intermediate
Default license plate relocation

the holder which mounts between the rear wheel axle and the rear foot peg was sold on ebay. The item number was 350078754824. Search the threads and you will find out how it is mounted. IF you can't find one, I have an extra. I paid around 30 for it!

Old 09-13-2008, 06:51 PM
ChosenDFW
Tourer

There are two kinds found on eBay - one that mounts on the left passenger peg and one that mounts on the belt guard. my preference was the belt guard. you will have to search eBay to see which is available, but both will need plate frame.

Originally Posted by Pat Zabrocki
Can any of the Rocker guys tell me what side mount license plate kits they used. I've seen a few on here but the one I order from Kuryakyn didn't fit.

So which ones have you used cause I need to get that ugle thing off my fender.
thanks
Pat

Old 09-13-2008, 06:55 PM
ChosenDFW
Tourer

The Rocker license plate is mounted to the rear fender using four holes. The Kuryakyn covers will only cover three of the holes, so you will need two of the Kuryakyn fender covers. Stealers are charging $500 to plug the holes and repaint the fender. I just moved the license plate and mounted a skull medallion in the same place on the fender.

Originally Posted by Pat Zabrocki
I ordered the tribal covers for the screw holes. I have a lot chrome with flames so I may go with a flame kind of sticker I saw on ebay.

you are correct about the round versus oval bracket.

pat

Old 09-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I used the set up from Heartland Biker...could not be happier with it !!! I've gotten alot of compliments on it too. I'm having a hard time finding a picture of my bike on this stupid computer but here is a pic of Windeeds bike with the same set up.

Attached Thumbnails Side mound license plate for Rocker-57082b8498784231b12ecf824feb63df.jpg  
Old 09-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh, found my pics....here is my scoot with the heartland set up and some spikes i got off a web site to cover the holes on the fender (I got the idea from some one here too lol)

Attached Thumbnails Side mound license plate for Rocker-dscn0661.jpg  
Old 09-13-2008, 09:06 PM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

Alain,...

Are those the HD foot pegs? How do they fit, according to the catalogue they don't fit on a Rocker?

thnx
RJ

Old 09-13-2008, 09:26 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

I used the horizontal mount from V-Twin motorcycle parts. It's actually made for a 2006-2007 FXST but mounts perfectly on the Rocker belt guard.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Side mound license plate for Rocker