Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Big Shot Staggered

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:50 AM
botlefedpony
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Big Shot Staggered

Just Installed them last night on a 06 night train with a PCIII from fuel moto and bike runs great! just TOO loud for my taste. And that is WITH the Quiet baffels. Any one have any sugestions on how to quiet them down? Need some help here the wife is going to s**t a goat!THANKS!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:03 AM
MetalSpike
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I would suggest ear plugs.

Seriously, you'll have to search for some quieter baffles or go to a different exhaust such as the original pipes with the SE slipons.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

Once you get her up to crusing speed, the tone will mellow and purr.
I like mine...

Old 09-17-2008, 12:32 PM
botlefedpony
Cruiser

yes they are not too bad out on the open road. Getting through the sub is a different story! I did just talk to fule moto and they make their own mufflers. They are sending me some of the paking material they use.They seem to think that re-wraping the bafels in their stuff will make a huge difference.They warentey their mufflers packing for life.From what i understand the V&H will be luck to last 6 months. Headding out for vacation tomorrow so I will not have a chance to try it for a few weeks but hopefully this will be a solution for me.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Rabbit_
Road Captain

They're too loud with the quiet baffles..I just put the quiet baffles in mine about 2 weeks ago and find them to be just louder then the stock pipes ( not loud enough for me). There was a noticeable power loss going to the quiet baffle, your stock pipes with a set of SE slip-ons might have served ya better.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:48 PM
nova_SS
Cruiser

I've had V&H longshots which I love but the sound was just too much. I bit the bullet and tried these baffles and really liked what they did. Gives you the ability to adjust to your liking. They also advertise a 30 day money back guarantee.

http://www.sturgisthunderpipeworks.com/slipinfaq.htm

Old 09-17-2008, 02:08 PM
botlefedpony
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rabbit_
They're too loud with the quiet baffles..I just put the quiet baffles in mine about 2 weeks ago and find them to be just louder then the stock pipes ( not loud enough for me). There was a noticeable power loss going to the quiet baffle, your stock pipes with a set of SE slip-ons might have served ya better.

There is no way these are just louder than the stock pipe. You could not even tell the bike was running outside in the house. And now you can hear it in the neighbors house. To be honest there was realy no difference between the quiet baffel and the normal baffel. Unless they need to soot up or something.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Snow1989
Intermediate

I put the staggered w/quiet baffles on my 07 Deluxe. Nice sound, and a bit louder than I thought they would be, but I just stay out of the throttle in the neighborhood.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:26 PM
07FXSTC
Tourer

Originally Posted by botlefedpony
Just Installed them last night on a 06 night train with a PCIII from fuel moto and bike runs great! just TOO loud for my taste. And that is WITH the Quiet baffels. Any one have any sugestions on how to quiet them down? Need some help here the wife is going to s**t a goat!THANKS!
If you can't get them fixed, please post pics of the wife ****ting a goat....

Old 09-17-2008, 11:43 PM
danike
Advanced

I have the BSS with stock baffles and I'm ok with the loudness just wish the tone was deeper and more mellow.

Quick Reply: V&H Big Shot Staggered