Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Ridedeluxehd
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin?

I am pretty sold on buying a Corbin seat and maybe backrest. But Should I buy it at the local Shop or do you guys know were to find one for less. All I have found is retail price of around 500. I know the guy at the shop and he is buying this seat for around 215. That is a big markup anyway thanks for the help.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:03 PM
strippedthread1
Advanced

I have had several Corbin seats in the past and they were great performers. My advice is to not buy a seat without first sitting in it. At Daytona, they used to put it on and let you ride around to see if you liked or not.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Ridedeluxehd
Road Captain

I actually have a friends and really liked it

Old 09-18-2008, 08:38 PM
SlickT
Intermediate

I ordered a Corbin right before my ride to Daytona from NJ. The seat is great, for 2 hours. Wish I could have realized how narrow it would have been. And I got the removable backrest, it slides in crooked and makes my back ache because it makes me lean to the side. Thinking about calling them soon.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Jzabel
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ridedeluxehd
I am pretty sold on buying a Corbin seat and maybe backrest. But Should I buy it at the local Shop or do you guys know were to find one for less. All I have found is retail price of around 500. I know the guy at the shop and he is buying this seat for around 215. That is a big markup anyway thanks for the help.
How is buying a corbin for 215? I've got 2 and ordered them both directly from corbin - love'em...

215...wow....I would be curious how he does that and you're right - that's a HUGE markup

Old 09-19-2008, 03:56 AM
Huey Driver
Tourer

I ordered my corbin close solo from corbin and couldnt be happier, great craftsmanship and the seat was made and delivered in a couple weeks. I just ordered the seat directly from the Corbin web site.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:33 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been having a Corbin Solo w/backrest for quite awhile on my Sportster... not that impressed with the comfort of the seat, but I sure do like that backrest...

I got mine through the local H-D dealership for a little less that what the Corbin site was offering it for...

Got the wrong seat the first time... and they had to order another one... but at least I didn't have to deal with the returns or anything like that...

Charlie D.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:48 AM
ripw4
Tourer

if you are really going to buy a corbin let me know. I have a corbin customized stinger never been used (100% brand new) that will fit 2000-05 softails.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:43 AM
rockerhead
Road Captain

Contact Shooter 64 in this forum. I built my bike with parts purchased from him and saved a TON!

Old 09-21-2008, 03:20 PM
Ridedeluxehd
Road Captain

Yeah I cant believe you guys by Retail that is crazy. He is a dealer and that is what the classic solo price is. he doesn't even buy in volume.

What Style is the Stinger?

Quick Reply: Corbin?