Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good setup for '06 Deluxe w/ TC88?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 08:38 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Good setup for '06 Deluxe w/ TC88?

Is this a good Stage 1 setup for a Deluxe with a TC88?

K&N Filter w/ the custom backplate, V&H Fuel Pak, and V&H Big Shots or SEII's Slip-ons...

Do I need to use a Fuel Pak if I'm changing the A/C and just adding slipons?

Thoughts? Thank you!

Old 09-19-2008, 09:36 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If you change the A/C you need to add a fuel management system. Most guys on here will tell you to go with the PCIII or HD's super tuner, or even a self tuning system like the thundermax. There are people here who use the fuelpaks and like'em, so you will get a lot of differing opinions. I have the PCIII and like it. I may go with a thundermax or super tuner if I do engine mods, but maybe not.

I would go with a full exhaust system opposed to the slip-ons.

Old 09-19-2008, 09:45 PM
weskey4
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't use the slip ons...they are a sound upgrade but do very little for performance. I used the Vance and Hines LongSHOTS HS, PCIII, Arlen Ness Stage 1 Big Sucker, i dynoed the bike and wrote my own map for it...It's a dream to ride and feels like a CAM job/upgrade. I can hang with all the new HDs and the bike sounds good. never back fires and starts fast everytime. 15K miles and haven't even changed a bulb or a fuse. I like the Power Commander because there are so many maps available for just about any set up. I like the Vance and Hines cuz they sounds awesome and look great AND give you the air flow you need. I hope this helps.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:20 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you guys...Very helpful information...I have V&H pipes on my Sportster and love them...Since I have a carb, I didnt need a remap or anything like...just changed the jets...This FI on my Deluxe is new to me so Im not sure what the best, easiest and most financially sound method is to use...I read about the V&H Fuel Pak and it sounds easy enough to use for a do-it yourselfer like me...I will research the fuel mgmt systems recommended....

Old 09-20-2008, 10:56 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Fuel pak is easy to use and PCIII is more flexible when it comes in tuning. I don't see any problem other than sending the map to the PCIII and reset the throttle zero, not a complex task, you can do it.
Here is my set up, PCIII, AN Big sucker 1 and V&H 2into1 big radius, it runs like a top.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:47 PM
odontek
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,noob here. I just got myself a Vance & Hines BSS and an Arlen Ness Big Sucker. Waiting for my PC III to arrive. I plan to install all at the same time to my stock 06 Softail Deluxe any tip from you guys what map to use. Hoping someone here have the same set-up. BTW I'm from the Philippines and we dont have a dyno tuner here so my set up will all be based on feel. Hope you guys can assist me to make my life easier hehe. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:53 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by odontek
Hi Guys,noob here. I just got myself a Vance & Hines BSS and an Arlen Ness Big Sucker. Waiting for my PC III to arrive. I plan to install all at the same time to my stock 06 Softail Deluxe any tip from you guys what map to use. Hoping someone here have the same set-up. BTW I'm from the Philippines and we dont have a dyno tuner here so my set up will all be based on feel. Hope you guys can assist me to make my life easier hehe. Thanks in advance.
Check the dynojet website. I'm pretty sure they'll have a "canned map" with your mods.