Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power commander or Harley Tuner ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Power commander or Harley Tuner ???

Which one should I go with fellas??

I got an 08 Rocker C, just bought a cone shaped big sucker air cleaner, and i'm ready to throw the vance and hines big radius 2-2 on her. What do you guys recommend? Any pros and cons to either?

Old 09-20-2008, 02:41 PM
SuperAhcmed
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Neither, Daytona Twin tec is the ONLY worthwhile aftermarket controller worth getting if you want your bike to run its absolute best. http://www.daytona-twintec.com

The twin tuner FI controller is vastly superior to both items you mentioned.....

Old 09-20-2008, 04:23 PM
bigoscycles
Cruiser

If I had toick between the 2 I would go with the power commander. If your not going to go with cams and make it a radical motor you might check out the v&h fuel pack.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:12 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

the discussion continues.... which is best - they you get thrown a curve about some obscure one. I looked on their web site - they list the power commander at $369 - BOY, I stole mine at $279.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:44 PM
azfathog17
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think for the Rocker you will need a SERT or aftermarket ECM since there is no room for a PCIII or other attachment from what I have read.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know it is not a choice... but I went with the Thundermax on my XB and am very pleased with it... only downside is the cost... the upside is its plug and play...

Old 09-20-2008, 07:08 PM
man4mopar
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

SERT is superior to a PCIII, it also costs more. The other huge disadvantage is the SERT is married to your ecm. PCIII's work fine and many are happy with them, and they are less expensive. They also do less, such no closed loop unless you go there X version which has even less tuning ability. I recomend the SERT over a PCIII any day.
I have no experience with this company http://www.mastertune.net/HD_master_tune.html but have read good things. It is basicly a SERT but allows/does more software wise. Again it attaches to the ECM which can be a big draw back.
If you start thinking DTT TCFI or Tmax they have advantages disadvantages also. I run a DTT TCFI by the way if you have any questions on it.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:15 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

wow, thanks for the replies fellas but i'm more confused now then before i read all your replies. lol lol

Old 09-21-2008, 06:22 AM
SuperAhcmed
Banned

Best bet is to check out the link I gave you. The DTT item I am referring to is the twin tuner. Its a new "fuel adder" like the Power commander. And its best suited to simple mods like intake/exhaust etc. The deal ith it though is its built much better(the PC board is mil spec and is much better suited for high vibration/extreme temp conditions), its much smaller(easy quick install), its plug and play, and it even will take canned power commander maps a well.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:48 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

go with a thundermax with autotune and you wont need to pay for a dynotune. It will cost you about the same and your bike will tune as you drive and retune when needed.

Quick Reply: Power commander or Harley Tuner ???