Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do u install the solo seat on Rocker C

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:08 AM
apeluv
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do u install the solo seat on Rocker C

I picked up my solo rocker seat to install on my Rocker C. and i can' figure out how thing goes on. I spoke with the parts guy at the stealer and he said to remove all the original hardware from my bike and just install the solo seat. But it makes no sense how to install the solo seat after I removed everything from my Rocker C. Please help!!! I've seen a few people on here with the solo seat installed and I'm wondering how they/you did it. Please let me know what I'm missing.

Last edited by apeluv; 02-15-2010 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:35 AM
RockinA
Advanced

Originally Posted by apeluv
I picked up my solo rocker seat to install on my Rocker C. and i can' figure out how thing goes on. I spoke with the parts guy at the stealer and he said to remove all the original hardware from my bike and just install the solo seat. But it makes no sense how to install the solo seat after I removed everything from my Rocker C. Please help!!! I've seen a few people on here with the solo seat installed and I'm wondering how they/you did it. Please let me know what I'm missing.
I didn't take pics, but it's quite simple. Here's my memory of how it goes...

1)Flip up seat and remove small screws (at the base of the tank).

2)Use a large torx ratchet to remove the chrome brackets for the C seat.

3)remove one side at a time when taking off the flip seat portion (carefully - it's 3 pieces)

4)Remove small pan held in place by 4 small screws/ bolts (located just underneath/ alongside of the black plastic battery cover).

5)Using the same 4 screws/ bolts, install the solo seat pan/ bracket (part #51886-08)

6)Place the metal tab at the front of the seat underneath the tank (in the slot). You may have to push it firmly in to line up the two pins that go into the pan #51886-08. FInish off by covering the holes form the brackets with the frame cap covers (painted to match from HD - Crimson part #71696-08, not sure which the black part number is).

That's it... you're ready to ride.

Hope this helps you out. I like the solo seat (big improvement over the OEM C seat) but it still feels as if my rear end wants to slide off the bike when I accelerate. Probably going to rework the foam a bit.

Last edited by RockinA; 09-25-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:43 AM
ChosenDFW
Tourer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by apeluv
I have a problem removing the 4 Torx bolts (I was afraid to strip them using standard Torx socket), but here is the link with instructions:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/264381-fxcw-seat-on-rockerc-caps-on.html

Old 09-25-2008, 10:48 AM
ddhorn
Stage III

I was told the same thing about not being able to install the rocker seat on the rocker-c. Tomorrow I'm having my rocker-c seat stuffed with more padding. The guy said he could reform it, make it softer and also sit a bit lower. We'll see...

Old 09-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Rail
Road Master

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

The 4 torx bolts on the side require a 45 torx but you can also remove them with allen wrenches if you don't want to buy torx bits.. Not sure what size but it's how I got mine on and off til I broke down and spent $25 on a Snap-On bit/socket combo..

Old 09-25-2008, 11:02 AM
kylant
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RockinA
I didn't take pics, but it's quite simple. Here's my memory of how it goes...

1)Flip up seat and remove small screws (at the base of the tank).

2)Use a large torx ratchet to remove the chrome brackets for the C seat.

3)remove one side at a time when taking off the flip seat portion (carefully - it's 3 pieces)

4)Remove small pan held in place by 4 small screws/ bolts (located just underneath/ alongside of the black plastic battery cover).

5)Using the same 4 screws/ bolts, install the solo seat pan/ bracket (part #51886-08)

6)Place the metal tab at the front of the seat underneath the tank (in the slot). You may have to push it firmly in to line up the two pins that go into the pan #51886-08. FInish off by covering the holes form the brackets with the frame cap covers (painted to match from HD - Crimson part #71696-08, not sure which the black part number is).

That's it... you're ready to ride.

Hope this helps you out. I like the solo seat (big improvement over the OEM C seat) but it still feels as if my rear end wants to slide off the bike when I accelerate. Probably going to rework the foam a bit.
exactly....

one more step though, take the rubber grommets from the original plastic seat "pan" and transfer them to the new metal seat pan.

this is one of the easiest mods to do.

did you actually get the seat pan for the solo seat? if not, there is your problem.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:20 AM
apeluv
Intermediate

That was my problem... I didn't know I needed a seat pan. The Stealer told me I just needed the seat... Thanks.. I just ordered the seat pan and frame caps.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:53 AM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Good deal, very easy mod.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:29 PM
RockinA
Advanced

Originally Posted by kylant
exactly....

one more step though, take the rubber grommets from the original plastic seat "pan" and transfer them to the new metal seat pan.

this is one of the easiest mods to do.

did you actually get the seat pan for the solo seat? if not, there is your problem.
DOH, you're right - I totally forgot about the grommets. It's pretty much all common sense. (once you have the right parts, of course). The hardest part was getting the right size torx for the chrome pillion bracket. I believe that they're put on with crazy glue as they were quite hard to loosen. LOL

Old 09-25-2008, 02:27 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

I hate it when the instructions get lost!! Sheesh...........

Quick Reply: How do u install the solo seat on Rocker C