Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train to Bagger?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 05:59 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Night Train to Bagger?

To some of you this may sound like sacrelige, but has anyone done something like the baggertail kit on a Night Train. I like the idea of the convenience of the big touring bags and I like the look of a well done bagger. But, I really liike the Night Train. I have not bought either yet, but will be in the next few weeks. I think if done right, the train could look real good as a bagger. Anyone done it yet?

Old 09-29-2008, 12:29 PM
kylant
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get an FLHX and then black it out. If i get a bagger, that is what i am going to get

Old 09-29-2008, 03:45 PM
sportncruise
Road Captain

If I could afford 2 HD's it would be the Street Glide and the Night Train. I really like the looks and features of the Street Glide. I am no fan of the Ultras but that bike to me is hot!
I had to decide between the two and for my daily commute the Night Train made more sense.
If I ever retire, which won't be any time soon, a bike like the Street Glide would be awesome!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:12 PM
NixonWho
Tourer

wow, that is a major bold move with a strong statement. I am curious how your design is going to turn out. The only thing I ever witnessed to something remotely close to a bagger is that someone converted their rear and added a Heartland 250 kit then added some custom leather bag on both sides.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:44 PM
willyp
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It’s your money, do what you want................it would be unique, I haven’t seen one yet.

Name:  tat.jpg
Views: 2656
Size:  101.0 KB

Old 09-29-2008, 09:27 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have found alot of the needed parts online and I talked to a custom builder in my area. He thinks it would turn out pretty sick. I would be putting on the brackets for hard bags, some stretched FLH bags, a smoothed and stretched rear fender, and probably a full front fender. It would all be black denim and some chrome. I am not talking about going all out tourer, I don't want a front fairing or anything, In the front I think I will go with the HD bullet headlight, 21" Reaper wheel, and a set of street slammers, for the exhaust, so I don't have to worry wbout clearance with the bags, I am thinking about the Paul Yaffee Phantom in chrome and black ceramic. The licence plate would be frenched into the fender and the bags will have recessed LED Run-turn-break lights. The only reason this came about is I have been seeing some really nice baggers lately, but I went and sat on a Road King (the only tourer I really like) and I didn't like the way it felt under me. I like the NT because I feel like I am sitting in it rather than on it.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:51 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Here's a train I saw here that has hard bags..I'm
thinking about doing something similar...

Attached Thumbnails Night Train to Bagger?-nt_leftsidebags.jpg  
Old 01-07-2009, 02:48 AM
hdnightrain04
Intermediate

I've got a '04 Night Train I am thinking about adding some of those CrossBones saddlebags to. I have the detachable sissybar and am trying to find a way to make the bags detachable too. Those Easybrackets look about right, but the hardware would look like the bolts on Frankenstein's neck if the bags weren't on. Anyone have any suggestions? My bike already has the sissybar hardware on.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:58 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,805 Likes on 2,123 Posts

I've got a pick up if I want to haul things.I've seen several done up and haven't liked one yet that I would even think about having.I can go 4-5 days on my handle bar bag.Any more time than that I ship my stuff Fed-X to and from where I'm going.Old pic but I still use this bag.

Attached Thumbnails Night Train to Bagger?-dsc00836.jpg  
Old 01-07-2009, 05:50 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

well to answer your question it can be done real easy and real cheap. i have done it to my streetbob, even though its not a softail, you will get my point. like others said i cant afford two bikes, so i have to impervise for now. the tourpak kit and the tour pak costed 150.00 total. here is a pic, i have put about 10,000 miles with the set up when we going on trips, but u take it off when i get home and when i get to the rallies. takes minutes to uninstall and install. here is the links. jackyl

tour pak mounting kit: http://stores.ebay.com/MotorcityCreations

aftermarket tour pak:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Black...mZ360095203680

BEFORE (everyday ride)

5 minutes Later (Touring)

Quick Reply: Night Train to Bagger?